I'm using chrome, it says open, always open files of this type, or show in folder. I will try with the N9 turned off and report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
I'm using chrome, it says open, always open files of this type, or show in folder. I will try with the N9 turned off and report back.
Sighhhh.....Now I cant find the rootfs.bin file on the flasher or the whole computer. I do not want to wait 2 hours for it to download again. Whatever. Thanks for your time. I wish there was a program that would install nitdroid in all at once.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, you would have to download it anyway, and it would be no smaller than the files you need to download now

The problem with automatic installers for this kind of thing, replacing/adding another OS is tricky. It could be created and it would be very reliable if some border assumptions were fixed; for example if it is given that the install target would be allowed to be wiped totally by the process. (so it would be left to yourself first to make backups of all your data on the device)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Alright now that I finally got zimage downloaded correctly the flasher says:
Flasher is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Any solution for this? Btw I did run cmd as administrator.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-11-19 at 23:25.

Get the flasher again I guess...

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The first time round your zimage was corrupted...You hadn't saved it correctly...

Second time round you haven't cd to your flasher directory and typed flasher...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
The first time round your zimage was corrupted...You hadn't saved it correctly...

Second time round you haven't cd to your flasher directory and typed flasher...
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "you haven't cd to your flasher directory and typed flasher." You mind advising me what to do? Thanks as always thedead1440

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "you haven't cd to your flasher directory and typed flasher." You mind advising me what to do? Thanks as always thedead1440
No probs

In cmd when you run as admin you must type:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher\"
Then type the flasher command...The first time you did the above but the second time you didn't do it hence the error...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
No probs

In cmd when you run as admin you must type:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher\"
Then type the flasher command...The first time you did the above but the second time you didn't do it hence the error...
Unfortunately, I wasn't specific with that post. I got the correct zimage file and did the code you have above but end up with the error message:
Flasher is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Unfortunately, I wasn't specific with that post. I got the correct zimage file and did the code you have above but end up with the error message:
Paste your cmd output here or post a screenshot as well as give me the ouput in cmd for the below:

Code:
dir "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher\"