Active Topics

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Andy "CrossGate" Yan proudly presents ---
The Cyanogenized NITDroid N12 Apps and Framework!

EDIT: I'm at school these days and will be on holiday shortly, then I guess when I have time I'll mod the 2.3.4 framework and upload it somewhere, so stay tuned if you are NOT a hybrid 2.3.4/2.3.7 user like me! (you want USB don't you?)

Have been on N900 NITDroid for quite a while but heck, since May 2011 there hadn't been any more stable releases of NITDroid HOWEVER HARD WE BEGGED... AND N12 is AOSP Android 2.3.4, not CyanogenMod 7 which (I've been using on my Milestone (sold) and Epic 4G) is highly customizable with toggles, themes and more. So far I've been in Android for 2 years and learnt basic modding skills, and to make things at least LOOK better than e-yes had done, I modified some of the N12 system apps with resources from the popular default theme "Cyanbread" from CyanogenMod 7 to (sort of) bring the theme function to our finest N900... Hope you all like it. Check attached screenshots for effects (and my proud AnTuTu and Quadrant benchmark scores)!
I'm still somewhat rookie on Android development, so please stay cool if you feel uncomfortable with my first "systematical" modding!

Feel free to get me at:
Facebook: (just search for Andy Yan, I'm from Beijing, China)
Twitter: @AndyYan

=================================
ATTENTION BEFORE YOU READ ON:
Originally Posted by shabmanu View Post
@Andy : can u post a youtube video of this?
does it supports voice call?
does it drains battery?
I SAY IT AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A NEW VERSION OF NITDROID, JUST AN INTERFACE MOD. This DOES NOT ENABLE voice call, camera zoom/focus or any non-implemented functions on e-yes's original NITDroid N12. Battery drain is also the same.

=================================

Disclaimer:
Okay I'm a Chinese senior high school student with little Android dev skill so I'm not sure about the consequences of the mod... Mod at your own risk and good luck!

Requirements:
N900 with NITDroid N12 (2.3.4) installed - this mod is MOSTLY INCOMPATIBLE with N11 (2.3.3), N12_update (2.3.7) and N14 (4.0.3)!!!
(EXCEPTION: Launcher2-2D/GoogleQuickSearchBox should work on any Android phone with version between 2.3.3 and 2.3.7.)

Modification kit includes:
Browser, Calendar, DownloadProviderUI, MMS (Cyan icon only)
CalendarProvider (Various tweaks under the hood)
Camera, CarHome, Contacts, DeskClock, Gallery, GenieWidget, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Launcher2-2D (The AOSP Launcher), Music, Settings (Cyan interface mods)
framework-res.apk, SystemUI (Status bar, overall system tone and overscroll glow mod)
Wallpaper (Background from Nexus S live wallpaper, cyan-colored)

Note:
Cyan-toned signal indicator for 3G/HSDPA/WIFI are modified: even if you don't use Google sync, the indicators will still appear in cyan color (originally white if sync is off). Also, 3G is replaced by HSDPA and HSDPA is replaced by 4G.
Not sure whether MMS is working normally or not 'cuz I've no SIM card - someone test it out please!

Known bugs:
SystemUI mod causes USB mass storage crash (because current uploaded version is a SystemUI.apk modded from 2.3.7, not 2.3.4), I will mod and upload the 2.3.4 apk upon request.

Instructions:
Do a backup of the aforementioned apks and store them somewhere.
Download the rar file here and extract.
Copy all apks in "system-app" folder to /home/system/app and apk in "system-framework" folder to /home/system/framework (use whatever method of file management you like - WinSCP suggested).
Put the wallpaper anywhere under /home/user/MyDocs for later use with Android.
Reboot to Android and VOILA!

Thanks for your attention! Just doing this to promote NITDroid a further bit, but if you like this work, I'd love some clicks on that "THANKS" button! Report any further discoveries and bugs as you like!
Attached Images

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-07-18 at 05:29.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
More pics...
EDIT: That "overscroll glow" screenshot seems broken but the actual effect is not. Cyan toned global selection and overscroll glow works nicely.
And say, any other achieved so high a Quadrant score?
Attached Images

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-06-25 at 07:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Bump. Is everyone sleeping in America? (It's 9AM here in Beijing)

Here in Argentina it is 11 PM. Btw great work!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
bump from 5 AM in Syria nice work man
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

One more bump before the Americans awake... It's 3PM here and I hope the Euro-America bros on the other side of the earth can see this on top once they wake up...
EDIT: Okay I know it - we Chinese are GMT+8 and US should be -6~-9...

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-06-25 at 09:08.

is the cam working ?

what are the benefits over default N12 Umay

& whats the amount of free ram... for me normally its from 90 to 110mb

P.s. - the images are not fitting correctly
click on ton down arrow in attachments & select "insert all"

good job

GODbless

Last edited by immi.shk; 2012-06-25 at 09:18.

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Great.Something new for NITDroid!
Thanks

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
is the cam working ?

what are the benefits over default N12 Umay

& whats the amount of free ram... for me normally its from 90 to 110mb

P.s. - the images are not fitting correctly
click on ton down arrow in attachments & select "insert all"

good job

GODbless
What... Well I'm simply MODDING on top of a mixture of N12's 2.3.4 and 2.3.7 version and EVERYTHING should be working like Team NITDroid's initial release... THIS IS NOT A NEW VERSION OF NITDROID!
Camera's already working in 2.3.7, but since the released 2.3.7 is very much unstable, you can check out one of my old posts for the camera libs to enable camera viewfinding even under 2.3.4. Be aware though, camera doesn't zoom or focus and has a very low success rate of taking photo (mostly when you press the shutter it freezes and asks you to close it)
Benefits? It looks nice and is good for showing off to your CM7-toting friends :P ("WOW you compiled a CM7 for N900?! Awesome!!")
For me free RAM goes 140M+ when turned on and usually stays above 120M. See, I don't install much apps, never leave ANY background running apps and always use AutoStarts to turn off MOST auto-start or background-run permissions. N900 is NOT a PC and we should lighten its load (besides, I've got an Epic 4G for gaming and heavy computing)
Plus I've seldom posted before... You can see I'm a novice here. And I'm posting from the N900 so there's not much to do with the attachments

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
What... Well I'm simply MODDING on top of a mixture of N12's 2.3.4 and 2.3.7 version and EVERYTHING should be working like Team NITDroid's initial release... THIS IS NOT A NEW VERSION OF NITDROID!
Camera's already working in 2.3.7, but since the released 2.3.7 is very much unstable, you can check out one of my old posts for the camera libs to enable camera viewfinding even under 2.3.4. Be aware though, camera doesn't zoom or focus and has a very low success rate of taking photo (mostly when you press the shutter it freezes and asks you to close it)
Benefits? It looks nice and is good for showing off to your CM7-toting friends :P ("WOW you compiled a CM7 for N900?! Awesome!!")
For me free RAM goes 140M+ when turned on and usually stays above 120M. See, I don't install much apps, never leave ANY background running apps and always use AutoStarts to turn off MOST auto-start or background-run permissions. N900 is NOT a PC and we should lighten its load (besides, I've got an Epic 4G for gaming and heavy computing)
Plus I've seldom posted before... You can see I'm a novice here. And I'm posting from the N900 so there's not much to do with the attachments
LOL,I know that someday we will get HD recording and touch to focus on our N900's .

And ram load is great.I get usually 70-90mb of free ram (but not idle).