Originally Posted by pursueky View Post
thx for all of ur fantastic work
You're welcome!

On a general note: If you already like/use rockbox, you can go over to rockbox.org and show some love there. I mean, I "just" ported it, the whole rockbox software contains the combined work of many talented engineers.

The IRC channel is frequented by most developers. Please don't ask for feature requests of the maemo port though

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
I listened to this on the drive to my in-laws' and I was impressed with the power of the player. It blew my mind. It obviously needs work for the N900, but I wondered about playlists.

I have my iTunes playlists in the folder where Nokia Multimedia Transfer puts them, and I can navigate to them easily enough, but is there a nicer way to do this? Is there a way to change the default directory?

Should I make a symlink from .rockbox/Playlists to iTunes Music ?

edit: can't find it, and rockbox doesn't seem to find it either. I probably missed this in earlier posts.

Last edited by Descalzo; 2011-01-06 at 18:06.

this player is incredible, the amount of options is insane. Im using it now as my music player. Thanks a lot for your hard work, saves me from buying a sansa fuze! Is there anyway I can load .m3u playlists? Ive imported my itunes database via salling mediasync and was wondering if i could get my playlists.

Its a little difficult to navigate but i think ill get used to it. But so far it works great. Thanks again!

yeah really it looks simplistic but powerful
is there any support for BlueTooth headset like BH-505 or bh-905 specially xD ? I would switch to RB speclially now that instinctiv is pretty much dead for now on Maemo
This is just the opposite of Instinctiv but so powerful

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
so the only way i can get thid app working is to create a new folder with the song in it ?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
In a perfect world I'd vote that we'd get (non-keyboard) hardware buttons for track navigation (I'd even prefer that the volume buttons be repurposed for prev/next track rather than volume, since I change tracks far more often than I change the volume, but I suspect that opinion is in the minority.) I really just want to be able to easily navigate tracks while driving without taking my eyes off the road and without sliding out the keyboard...
Amen brother!

Originally Posted by petur View Post
I guess this is all very early in the port state.... The above issues show keymap problems.
Rockbox has a keymapping that maps hardware keys of mp3 players to its functions, obviously for the n900 'app' mode these will need more tweaking

gosh I wish I had some time to fix these up right away
After getting over my initial shock regarding the source tree, it turns out that it wasn't hard at all to add a keybinding for the return button

EDIT:

Please use the following patch, instead: http://pastebin.com/qTH1W2Qc

I've removed the extra/redundant code and I've also bound the N800's other keys: back; decrease; increase; and fullscreen to, what I think, are sensible defaults looking at the structs in keymap-touchscreen.c.

The keys - with the exception of the retturn key - are only bound if building for Maemo 4. This is because the N900 doesn't have an escape button nor a fullscreen button and the N900 also offers more keys; I don't know if my binding of the volume keys would be appreciated on the N900

Last edited by jstokes; 2011-01-08 at 19:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
After getting over my initial shock regarding the source tree, it turns out that it wasn't hard at all to add a keybinding for the return button

http://pastebin.com/GsFqmrbG

Excellent, how do we go about getting it added to the application?

Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
Excellent, how do we go about getting it added to the application?
Thanks! I'll do a new build next week, probably Wednesday.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kansas, US
Thank you thank you thank you thank you for this! I'm a Rockbox user from way back, and this really made my year.

Those of you complaining about a lack of finger-friendliness can change the menu's font in "Settings / Theme Settings / Font". Unfortunately 35pt is the largest I can find (it's included with the maemo build) and it's just not quite big enough. Still an improvement though.

I tried to make a bigger font using the Rockbox Font Converter, but it uses Convbdf, which doesn't seem to be able to convert any larger fonts due to a small cache size. If anyone knows another way or has some bigger Rockbox fonts somewhere we really need them for the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thriceberg For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiophile, rockbox