Good to know. I'm pretty sure the one time I tried to do a Live Chat on an iPhone I wasn't even able to get it to launch, but that was probably on an iPhone 2G.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
You know, most of the above also applies to Fremantle ;-) The underlying OS is more than capable, but the brilliant "UX designers" typically castrate it.
If you really want, you can install IceWM in Maemo5. Your maemo apps will open up in a win95ish window manager with taskbar and a start button and all that. It's actually pretty nice when hooked up to a TV and using bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

(Side note This thread does not appear to be about running this in NITDroid. Doesn't it belong in the Competitors forum instead of Alternatives? Can it be moved?

I love these threads about multi-tasking.

"REAL" multi-tasking isn't about having a half-dozen applications on screen at once and having the ability to switch from one to the other.
"REAL" multi-tasking is about having a half-dozen applications on screen all doing something simultaneously, just like I used to do on my Commodore Amiga 19 years ago.
I'd have Imagine or Lightwave rendering a scene of objects, Vista Pro rendering the landscape that they are going to sit on, both churning away in the background while I'm working in Personal Paint on the textures that are going to be mapped to the objects.
That's 3 graphically intensive programs all "working" together and nothing sitting idle in the background.

Here's a good way to test muti-tasking on the N900:
Start Bounce Evolution and let the intro animation kick in, then hit Ctrl+Backspace. Now start a video in KMPlayer, enable fullscreen and hit Ctrl+Backspace again and see what happens.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post: