Doesn't the Nokia 770 have a flash player? Well, when I try to play a video from Myspace on the 770, it is asking me to Upgrade to Flash Player 8 (the new version). How can I upgrade it on the 770? Am I missing something here?

yeah - 770 doesnt seem to play any flash, windows, quicktime movies at all - especially not from myspace

do u have any songs on ur myspace- cos i cant get them to work either?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
the internal browser only supports flash 6 right now. i'm hoping the new OS2006 will bring that up to date whenever it comes out.

Originally Posted by phi
the internal browser only supports flash 6 right now. i'm hoping the new OS2006 will bring that up to date whenever it comes out.
Chances are we will have Flash 8 for it in OS2006. Now the question is how much longer we will have to wait

Waiting for 2006OS is like waiting for Playstation 3. You never know when. Wish they would give us some clues.

Speaking of PS3, I hope they flop.

Originally Posted by NokNok770
Waiting for 2006OS is like waiting for Playstation 3. You never know when. Wish they would give us some clues.

Speaking of PS3, I hope they flop.
Well, they did say 2nd quarter of 2006 so that could mean anywhere until Summer. So hopefully it'll be out in a month or so

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by kutibah
Chances are we will have Flash 8 for it in OS2006. Now the question is how much longer we will have to wait
Is there any evidence for that at all? That's the first I've heard. I imagine it'll be depedent on Macromedia, and whether or not Nokia or Opera licence (i.e. pay for) it.

Would be interested to see a reference, or whether it's just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking? (Not that's there's anything wrong with that, I just want to be clear...)

TIA,

Andrew

Originally Posted by aflegg
Is there any evidence for that at all? That's the first I've heard. I imagine it'll be depedent on Macromedia, and whether or not Nokia or Opera licence (i.e. pay for) it.

Would be interested to see a reference, or whether it's just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking? (Not that's there's anything wrong with that, I just want to be clear...)

TIA,

Andrew
It's just a wish, but it makes sense for Nokia to release it because Nokia is committed to bringing updates to the 770 that WORK. I mean, what's the point of keeping it at Flash 6 when most of the sites can't even run without Flash 8? I think many users will be angry if it isn't implemented and Nokia is smart enough to keep up with the demand....

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Ah, OK. I'm afraid I see it as being as nice to have, and it may well make sense for Nokia to release "it", but if "it" doesn't exist it'll cost time & money to develop: there's a lot of work to do on the platform and supporting applications so there's a question as to where Nokia see it as coming in the priority list.

Cheers,

Andrew

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
On Macromedia's website, only Flash Player 7 is available to download for Linux. I would assume this is good indication that version 8 would not come with a new firmware release. If I recall correctly, version 7 is capable of playing flash video.