I have Nokia N900 that is locked to some operator. Is there any way to get rid of it? Operators dont have any of those codes anymore anywhere so they cant help.

I live in Finland and its from here. I believe its locked to Telia/Sonera/telefinland what ever name that operator was that time.

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2021 @ Poland
Usually you need to find a site like Polish SimLock24.pl - which provides paid unlock codes.

There is a brute-force method to be done at home with good PC (requires good graphics card). It's well described here:

http://nokiahacking.pl/simlock-jest-...15.htm#p581609

I can confirm that such sites on what you pay work - I unlocked my Samsung Omnia HD running Symbian S60v5 locked to Orange via SimLock24.pl. After flashing a not-Orange-branded firmware, it turned into a general Polish Omnia HD, without any Orange traces
https://t.me/maemomeegoapps

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by WCID View Post
I have Nokia N900 that is locked to some operator. Is there any way to get rid of it? Operators dont have any of those codes anymore anywhere so they cant help.

I live in Finland and its from here. I believe its locked to Telia/Sonera/telefinland what ever name that operator was that time.
What makes you think it's operator locked to begin with?

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Does it say "no calls" or something similar on a yellow box when you boot it? Because that is not simlock, that is loose welding on your motherboard. There are guides how to fix it.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
What makes you think it's operator locked to begin with?
It asks to put a code to remove sim lock when open settings. When normally there is just reset or factory reset options mine have third option which is remove sim lock. I have couple of these Nokia N900.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Have you tried a different sim?
That menu option is often there operator lock or not, I think it was added in PR1.2

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Would doing CSSU update help with it? https://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/

Anyway that should be done and before that flash the latest PR1.3 firmware.

I am from Finland so if you speak finnish and prefer talking in finnish I can send you a private message. Forum language is english.

Originally Posted by dredlok706 View Post
Usually you need to find a site like Polish SimLock24.pl - which provides paid unlock codes.

There is a brute-force method to be done at home with good PC (requires good graphics card). It's well described here:

http://nokiahacking.pl/simlock-jest-...15.htm#p581609

I can confirm that such sites on what you pay work - I unlocked my Samsung Omnia HD running Symbian S60v5 locked to Orange via SimLock24.pl. After flashing a not-Orange-branded firmware, it turned into a general Polish Omnia HD, without any Orange traces
I tried that. I have Nvidia 3080 and i9-9900k CPU, but still it showed like 16 hours time to do that. Is it normal or did I do something wrong? I would like to learn to do that as top of this N900 I have C2 and C3 which would need to be opened.

I tried the community update suggested, but did not help. I had the PR 1.3 already on the phone.

You should flash the phone and try if that takes the carrier lock away. Atleast I would try that first.