Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. Been awhile... Do you have to pick between Lineage and Ubuntu or can you dual boot? Thanks!
For the campaign you choose which one is pre-installed and thus logo engraved on the back. Dualboot is worked on and they committed in a tweet and IGG comment to try having it ready when shipping starts.
Until that, manual reflash to Lineage/Ubports should be trivial to test the one out you did not order preflashed.

What i just assume is that the sfos port from Pro¹ should also work on Pro¹-X since only memories have been upgraded. Any more educated guess on that?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
For the campaign you choose which one is pre-installed and thus logo engraved on the back. Dualboot is worked on and they committed in a tweet and IGG comment to try having it ready when shipping starts.
Until that, manual reflash to Lineage/Ubports should be trivial to test the one out you did not order preflashed.

What i just assume is that the sfos port from Pro¹ should also work on Pro¹-X since only memories have been upgraded. Any more educated guess on that?
Very very tempting!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA

The SFOS port for pinephone did not initially boot on the convergence edition pinephone with more RAM until the bootloader (I think) was updated. So a guess educated by a kinda similar scenario . . . YMMV

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
so is this thing running mainline yet or is it still android driver blobs required for all the ports I've started seeing?

x

Last edited by xman; 2020-11-01 at 07:56.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Yes, the port will work since it is same device regarding hardware. May need a kernel update, but nothing serious.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by xman View Post
so is this thing running mainlkine yet or is it still android driver blobs required for all the ports I've started seeing?

x
All ports run using libhybris currently.
You will notice a strong disturbance in the TMO-force when all is mainlined.

@TheKit, great! Thank you as always

Last edited by mosen; 2020-11-01 at 00:29.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I wonder if this will also mean dualboot for the original Pro1? I'd really like the option of being able to reboot into Android occasionally instead of being locked to a single OS.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
So who else is drooling all over this thing, but put off by the fact that
1. Shipping time for Fxtec Pro is still supposedly 10-12 weeks (that means after X-Mas, which is later than they are promising Super Early Bird shipping for the Pro X).
2. If you order one now, you still can't really be sure you're gonna get it, because all the pre-orders haven't even shipped yet.

So the first product is barely out the door, and possibly never makes it to normal production - where normal people can, you know, just order it. But they're already announcing the next big thing?

#waitforhalfayear #butmaybestillnothing

No matter, they are already comfortably above their funding goal, so something or another is gonna happen.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
1. correct.

2. Just judging from the missing backlash one can quite securely claim that the preorders have all been delivered. The remaining deliveries must have been ordered "regulary" at a later point in time which is still possible if you like the black 6GB/128GB version for 718€ more than the blue 8GB/265GB for 606€ https://store.fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1/.

3. Despite the (XDA) marketing, it is not a new product but the smart move to get Pro¹/X sales going by advertising a core feature (open bootloader) to an audience that was not quite aware.

And yes, i am still drooling everyday over the Pro¹ and preordered an X just for the awesome blue and to not having to temper with my "Perfect sfos daily driver"¹ to test UBports and possibly Leste somewhen in the future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It will be in the coming days.
Two weeks further and still no mention of the Pro1 in de ubports devices section.
I know there are some ports floating around but I'd like one form an official source like ubports.

Edit: Hm, after reading further on the ubports forum it seems the port can only have been made by fxtec itself. Maybe with help from XDA? Ubports only provides documentation and maybe assistence to communities to help in porting to new devices.

Last edited by n900user259; 2020-11-11 at 22:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:

Tags
expectations