Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I've taken to using these for charging my phones. You leave the C connector in the phone to save wearing the socket out by continuously plugging and unplugging the charger.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGI-Magneti...%2C169&sr=8-35
Thanks for sharing, looks great!
BUT
The contacts on the usb side look pretty prominent.
What happens in case of short circuit by touching a metal piece in the pocket/bag/table?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I've taken to using these for charging my phones. You leave the C connector in the phone to save wearing the socket out by continuously plugging and unplugging the charger.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGI-Magneti...%2C169&sr=8-35
I'm using these for half an year for the same reason. They come in threes and with three connectors each. There's a handy little container to carry connectors as a bonus.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07HT6RBYG

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
I've been looking on F-Droid for apps that don't use Google Play Services.
One can also use the Aurora Store, unofficial Google Play client to be able to download apps without gapps (Google Services) installed on the device. Beside that, Aurora Store shows whether an application uses GSF (Google Services Framework) and if it has ads.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Except that anonymous login doesn't work lately, so you will need to use fake account (due to the possibility of Google blocking yours).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
linux 5.5 msm8998 (snapdragon835) this sounds useful for the mainline effort.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I can confirm, that mobile data is working now (T-mobile Germany).
Unfortunately camera isn't working anymore after the update. Flashlight is now there (was missing) but doesn't work.
Thanks for the prompt testing! I made a mistake when rebuilding droid-hal-t5 package, camera should work after updating again.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
linux 5.5 msm8998 (snapdragon835) this sounds useful for the mainline effort.
The SoC (Qualcomm MSM8998 aka SDM835) is not the issue:
  • Qualcomm takes care of that (or rather mostly "took" in case of the SDM835, while Qualcomm's mainlining of the cellular and WiFi modem drivers for the SDM835 is still work-in-progess) via the Linux Foundation's Code Aurora platform.
  • Except for some things in the video realm, specifically 3D (OpenGL & Vulkan; but not 2D), but OpenGL support for the SDM835's Adreno 540 3D-accelerator is already in Mesa.
But the specifics of the F(x)tec Pro1 platform are:
  • AFAIK, nobody has checked yet, for which peripheral components (GPS, battery gauge, power management controller, keyboard controller, touchscreen controller, accelerometer, magnetometer, cameras (multiple) etc.) device drivers exist, which are licensed compatible to the GPLv2 (which is Linux's license; e.g. Apache, MIT, various BSD licenses and naturally the GPLv2 suffice).
  • Missing GPLv2-compatible drivers would have to implemented, for which it makes sense to try to consult the peripheral's manufacturers first (it might be helpful to be able to read, write and speak some Chinese for that).
  • A Device Tree (file) for the F(x)tec Pro1 platform has to be created, with parameterised bindings to the device tree entries of the components (SoC and peripherals) this platform is comprised of.
  • Device Tree entries describing each peripheral component and binding it (usually also parameterised) to a device driver must be checked and / or created.
  • All these efforts would have to be actively upstreamed, which is labour intensive and must be carried out for each aforementioned software component separately (preferably when an individual component is close to be deemed "ready for upstreaming").

Happy coding!
So go for it.

Last edited by olf; 2019-12-03 at 02:40.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Oh dear! F(x)tec support has confirmed that stock assignment emails has been sent to customers that are in the second batch and I have not received the mail. This means that I am not in the second batch and most likely not receiving Pro1 before Xmas. I am feeling really sad now. I am also bothered that there are people in the second batch without the IGG coupon.

Originally Posted by F(x)tec
We are sorry for the delays in shipping your order. As the second batch has now been fully assigned to our orders, it doesn't look like it includes yours. This, however, shouldn't let you down as you still have an early pre-order which is expected to ship with our initial few batches - you are going to be amongst the first to receive their device, weeks in advance before general availability.
My order:
Order number 11xxx
IGG coupon
Paid 1st of August
QWERTZ EU

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
Oh dear! F(x)tec support has confirmed that stock assignment emails has been sent to customers that are in the second batch and I have not received the mail. This means that I am not in the second batch and most likely not receiving Pro1 before Xmas. I am feeling really sad now. I am also bothered that there are people in the second batch without the IGG coupon.

My order:
Order number 11xxx
IGG coupon
Paid 1st of August
QWERTZ EU
My order number is #4xxx and not yet received confirmation email and status is still "processing".

EDIT: Not having IGG coupon

Last edited by Heik; 2019-12-03 at 10:44. Reason: Addition

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
My order number is #4xxx and not yet received confirmation email and status is still "processing".
Same here. Also backed the Moto mod.

EDIT: Not the same:

Order #51xx, February 27, 2019
IGG coupon
QWERTY, EU
Paid: July 31th 2019
Still Processing.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2019-12-03 at 14:37.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit