Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Holy cow. That wasn't a personal attack, pb, I was kidding you. Miles of difference between mild teasing and an outright attack. But-- no humor on your planet? Okay. I'll just add you to the short list of hypersensitive sorts that I obviously can't reply to and I'm sure you'll be much happier.

Enjoy!

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
I see skies of blue... Red roses too... and I think to myself... What a wonderful world~

Okay guys, this is getting old...

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I played around a while back with the idea that the cover could double as the stand. Even had a workable concept.
I'm almost sure this same idea was floated around here in the very early days of the 770, in discussions about alternative case designs.

It does sound natural ; if Nokia wanted to try out a third approach for the N900, it could do worse than give this one a spin.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
A hardcase/stand would be nice. Or at the very least, better than a stand with no hardcase. The 770 stand always does seem a bit ghetto, but it's been faithful, and hasn't broken, and I havn't had to call up Nokia every day in hopes of getting a replacement peice, so theres always that I guess.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
My initial complaint was never about the somewhat flimsy back cover and stand or even that I have to wait weeks for the parts. While I think these could have been made better, I broke them and take full responsibility for that. I was willing to even buy the parts from Nokia. My rub is, just take my danm name and send me the parts when available. Why do you want to piss off your customers by making them call you back over and over again. Perhaps if they started compiling a list of people waiting for these parts, they might find out they need to manufacture some more and have them on hand. This seems better than closing your eyes and saying, problem, what problem, I don't see any problem.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
^exactly...

It is all about customer service. Saying you'll give me something free that you don't have isn't generous, it's "handling me.... Nothing - nothing = nothing.

Not recording and tracking the issue is symptomatic of the bigger problem.

If we don't stay focused and come to some agreement in these threads nothing will change and 1 of 2 things will pro'ly occur.

1. Any company peeps who review user forums will get the notion we are an unfocused, disagreeable lot who do not deserve their attention.

2. Members will come to the same conclusion and stop visiting and contributing.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-08-01 at 21:47.

The US Nokia's web site does not have simple things like the stylus available. Their Flagship store in New York City does not sell the stylus. NO stores who carry the Nokia N800 have the stylus (there are only a few stores that I found). Only after crying on emails to US customer service did they mail me a replacement stylus. This is a new item. Their retialers should carry their unique stylus !!

Originally Posted by FirebirdFeuervogel View Post
A hardcase/stand would be nice. Or at the very least, better than a stand with no hardcase. The 770 stand always does seem a bit ghetto, but it's been faithful, and hasn't broken, and I havn't had to call up Nokia every day in hopes of getting a replacement peice, so theres always that I guess.
I bought a PERFECT case at the local BestBuy @11. The case is sold for the Nintendo DS (the same size as the N800) The only modification was to make a cut out in the plastic holder insert and to put a pair of velcro fasteners (one on the scase and one on the back of the N800). LOTS of protection with a hard face and back and a padded sides with zipper. Also has a belt loop and a zipper pouch for storing an extra stylus and also earbuds

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by tabnewyork View Post
The US Nokia's web site does not have simple things like the stylus available. Their Flagship store in New York City does not sell the stylus. NO stores who carry the Nokia N800 have the stylus (there are only a few stores that I found). Only after crying on emails to US customer service did they mail me a replacement stylus. This is a new item. Their retialers should carry their unique stylus !!
Agreed. I still can't figure that one out.

The fact that I saw a huge demand for the 770 slip covers and the N800 faceplates I had tells me Nokia is missing an opportunity.