Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ washington
Hi, is there anybody has this problem like me? After updating the newest Firmware 2.2009-51.1, my phone are pretty slow and stuck whenever I open any application, and Media Player cannot play songs or video. I had to reboot my phone twice to make it work normal.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by supersniper3008 View Post
Hi, is there anybody has this problem like me? After updating the newest Firmware 2.2009-51.1, my phone are pretty slow and stuck whenever I open any application, and Media Player cannot play songs or video. I had to reboot my phone twice to make it work normal.
That is the work of tracker, I guess. It should not repeat anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
That is the work of tracker, I guess. It should not repeat anymore.
Yes, sounds like tracker. This runs to index all the media on your N900, which can take a while (and impacts everything else). After it's done, it should return to normal though. You can check exactly what it's doing by running "tracker-status" in X Terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ washington
I felt my phone was smoother a little bit in performance after updating the new firmware. How about u guys ?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by supersniper3008 View Post
I felt my phone was smoother a little bit in performance after updating the new firmware. How about u guys ?
Yes. That's what it supposed to do Try search and you will find conversations about changes and improvements (maybe also whats broken after update).

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5/PR1.1