Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Where and how do you find/change the config file?
No. If you're experiencing the same problem, just reformat your card (you want to use it to store data anyway, right?).

QUOTE: The card's filesystem is corrupted (there are a number of ways this could have happened). It's time to backup anything on it that you need and reformat. You can reformat it either with the built-in filemanager (you'll have to disable virtual memory first, if you have it enabled, though), or by plugging the card into a card reader of some kind and reformatting it with a computer.

Fascinating! So I just took out all the memory cards. So far, Skype loaded fine, same with Xournal. Gnumeric gave me an error but DID install (it did the same thing on the A unit too - says "unable", but does install). Then VNC and Gftp. I'm on the way!
I wonder how many hours I wasted cause of a corrupted memory card?
Thanks for the info on the LOG file too.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by HWL View Post
Fascinating! So I just took out all the memory cards. So far, Skype loaded fine, same with Xournal. Gnumeric gave me an error but DID install (it did the same thing on the A unit too - says "unable", but does install). Then VNC and Gftp. I'm on the way!
I wonder how many hours I wasted cause of a corrupted memory card?
Thanks for the info on the LOG file too.
If there's no card, it just falls back on the internal storage. This can be a problem for installing applications once you get closer to filling that up, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No. If you're experiencing the same problem, just reformat your card (you want to use it to store data anyway, right?).
Correct, I guess I just wanted to tinker with the choices, searched but all I found was "become root" and logging to terminal, I can do that just that I don't know where to go from there...

Thanks for this thread. It took me a while to find the log (from a small reference in another thread) but once I found the log I searched for the error message and came across this thread. I also couldn't install any app. I got different error messages, tried removing my SD card but I had completely forgotten about the internal memory. Reformated the internal memory (the card that came with the n800) and everything seems to be working now.