Hello, First. Thank you.

I'm trying to get Maemo Myth or MMythTV to work. Meaning to get channels and display on n800.

I have put this in my repository:

http://hallysonluiz.com/mythtv
bora
extras

and i download everything that it had in there. Opened up MMythTV and it gives me a Config Server Box with host [(null) ], Port -[ 0]+, User, Password, Database, Enable Transcode, Host Again, and Port again. I don't know what to do to get channels. I am trying to install gsm or gstreamer stuff, but it incompatible with this device. Those package are not armel.deb

Another problem I had is:

When I ran either apt-update or apt-update --allow-unauthenticated in (root) xterm. I get:

W:GPG error: http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com bora Release: The following signature were invalid: BADSIG CBFC2BE... Nokia Internet Tablet Archive Automatic Signing Key <intergration@maemo.org>
W: You may want to run apt-get to correct these problem.

All the repository downloaded good and then the message above.

I followed this website: http://http://gmyth.sourceforge.net/.../GMythStreamer

..but apt-get install gms??...umm..I can't find gms armel anywhere. They are either .i386 or tar.gz or tar.bz2.

I tried tar -zxvf gms_0.3.indt.tar.gz and got the folder...

I cd /home/user/ ... to the folder that contained the file gms.py and setup.py

and in xterm typed: ./gms.py or ./setup.py and got.... /bin/sh: ./gms.py: permission denied.

Thanks again for the help.

The gms stuff goes on your mythbackend, not your tablet =) .

The IP is your mythbackend IP, the port is wahtever port you're running gmythstream on, user is mysql root user name, pass is also mysql root user password, and database is mythconverg.

I've been able to bring up all of that info on my device, channel info and a list of recordings. But, gmythstream doesn't seem to want to compile nicely on opensuse =( .

If anyone acually gets this to work, please educate us. Thanks

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm not sure this stuff has fully reached beta stage yet.

Originally Posted by God_f@ther View Post
Emil: What do you mean by mythbackend and not my tablet?
What is the mythbackend? How do I know what ip i'm using?
Can I find it in xterm on my tablet? and how do I find the port I'm on?

So..many questions?...
Mythbackend is the computer you're using to record your shows - i.e. your "Myth" PC. You will have assigned the IP to the PC - or it could be getting an IP via DHCP, in which case, I'd recommend setting a static IP for it to make setting up frontends easier. That way, it will always be at the same address.

To find an IP address, open an Xterm on the PC, and type "ipconfig" at the command prompt. You may need to be root to do this, or use sudo. Most likely, it's your eth0 IP address.

The port is the standard Myth port - don't recall it off the top of my head, but it's shown under the "General" setup section in myth.

As for getting it to work, I've had limited success. It is beta, but does work, sometimes. If you close it, and re-open it, it won't run, you have to reboot each time. In my case, it takes almost 15 minutes to find all the recorded shows after I start it.

I did not have to put the gms stuff on my backend, if you go the main maemo-myth webpage, there's a note that says if you transcode to a small resoultion, using mpeg-4, you can watch the programs directly. I do this for most programs anyway, so it streams OK, but pauses while watching a program aren't at all uncommon.

So..... long story short, it mostly works, and is a REALLY cool program, but it's not quite ready for primetime yet.