Frankly, I would like to see any "Scientifix" (i.e. hard numbers) proofs of increased performance, for anyone using swaps on both microSd and eMMC. for every person trying it, including myself, on wide range of cards, using swap on microSD only was and is more profitable. Which is quite easy to explain, due to flash chip characteristic (mentioned I/O "conflicts").

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I see what you are saying. Since I am only interested in a clearly noticeable performance increase, I suppose the only proper way to find out is to try the dual-vs-single swap on my specific SD card. I could get a performance reduction or the noticeable improvement I want. Should be easy to notice with those criteria. If dual swap doesn't help, I agree that RAID probably won't give anything either.

Thanks for your input!

The Following User Says Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
http://cs.joensuu.fi/~mmeri/usbraid/
You can modify the eMMC by booting Maemo (or Android/plain Linux) off of an SD card.
Backupmenu might work too (has a console), but I don't think it has the tools required to repartition the eMMC.
I don't know whether or not the standard power kernel has raid enabled, but you can just compile your own kernel to be sure.

Just try it. All this discussion about swap and whatnot won't result in any useable numbers.
Possible? Probably. Worth the trouble? No.