Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
nil found.....

The Following User Says Thank You to vittoriob4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
lol, it no longer available for me

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
the update is totally worth the time we waited for it...thanks marxian for the brillian revamp in UI and adding support for dailymotion...

Very nice update indeed. Thank you very much.

However I'm having problems: I tried the new version with videos that I'd previously searched and watched and now instead of playing them I get "Unable to retrieve video. Access may be restricted." for videos that played just fine with the old version. Any ideas? I'm not using any account.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
lol, it no longer available for me
same here. can't see the app in ovi store.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
those unable to find the app...be patient...ovi store does take quite some time for it to be widely available..

on the other hand, marxian, the option for links from clipboard to be added to playback or download queue has been removed...could that be re-implemented in this new version?

thanks...

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Very nice update indeed. Thank you very much.

However I'm having problems: I tried the new version with videos that I'd previously searched and watched and now instead of playing them I get "Unable to retrieve video. Access may be restricted." for videos that played just fine with the old version. Any ideas? I'm not using any account.
You'll get the same error message either you login in or not. Reset/restart didnt solve it...

The Following User Says Thank You to vittoriob4 For This Useful Post:
Thanks Marxian for taking the time to develop the app. I loved the older version. Unfortunately, issues make the new version quite useless in its current form.
1. "Unable to retrieve video. Access may be restricted." on youtube videos.
2. No option to continue playing the video when minimized/in background/screen off. I assume this is because you use the default video player to play the video.
3. There's no way of going back to cuteTube without swiping out, and no easy way to skip videos in a playlist. When a video starts playing, nothing can be done on cuteTube like queueing the next video. Also, on pressing back/end of video the video player app loads instead of going back to cuteTube
4. I don't see any options to change the youtube playback quality. the only option is normal (upto 360p) AVC1 (less important than the previous issues)

1 is pretty much a showstopper
2 and 3 could be solved by going back to the older method of playing the videos instead of opening it the defult N9 player. Is there a reason you changed to using the default interface?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stats0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
And where is my downloaded videos goes? LoL i point it too ~/cuteTube but its not there, and video player unable to find it too, :/

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube