Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
I noticed Media player also showed zero songs for every playlist, but still played the songs while showing their length as 00:00. And ä/ö/å letters in file names were messed up.

I copied one video from SD card to PC via USB cable and copied it back to SD card. Seeking the video started to work. I copied another video and it worked too. But soon problems came back for the first video, and then the second video, in a matter of minutes. At the moment I can seek the first video...

Diagnosis: SD card file system has got the flu.

Planned treatment: Copy all files back to PC, format SD card, copy files back (or buy a new SD card). Remember to always remove SD card when reseting or updating the phone, so the SD card won't get infected.

I also installed Patchmanager and tried the Gallery video player tweak, seems to work well.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I had similar problems. Switched from Jolla's own charger to some random from the drawer and no such problems anymore.
Indeed I've been using the original Jolla charger. My Nokia AC-10's connector is broken. Time to upgrade to a Samsung 2 Amp charger

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I did a full reset of my Jolla, then the process of incremental updates. Took quite some time to complete. Then did a restore and most of my stuff is back.

However i too have noticed the Media player issue, the fault has been raised on jollatogether but no proper fix yet.

I find jollatogether to be a chaotic mess and so i just can't be bothered with it anymore My jolla will go back into my desk draw till the next major update and i will then see if it works again.

Still no Fsecure solution or angry birds covers... or anything that was advertised way back in February as "coming soon"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I find jollatogether to be a chaotic mess and so i just can't be bothered with it anymore ...
Nuff said, Amen!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I find jollatogether to be a chaotic mess and so i just can't be bothered with it anymore
So, your suggestion as-to-what would've been much better, & why?
Or perhaps you feel the platform's inherently sound, but just needs some serious pruning/tweaking?

...or anything that was advertised way back in February as "coming soon"
You asked them about all of it lately? Can't hurt to press them on stuff like that occasionally, should take all of ~5min.
Not that I care about the stuff you listed, it was all "gimmicky" to me, want the real TOH story.

Originally Posted by hana View Post
Indeed I've been using the original Jolla charger. My Nokia AC-10's connector is broken.
But in your last post, you observed that a charger wasn't what fixed your "issue"?

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-08-01 at 17:53.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
However i too have noticed the Media player issue, the fault has been raised on jollatogether but no proper fix yet.
Interesting. I couldn't find any mention of the Gallery seek problem on Together though. Guess I'll have to see if these Gallery and Media player problems are actually related or not.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
But in your last post, you observed that a charger wasn't what fixed your "issue"?
It seems that the problems were caused by a reset & update round, and strangely fixed after doing it again. I hope I don't see these problems anymore, but if I do I will also test another charger, to rule out the charger factor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I asked about progress on fsecure, in particular, on twitter. No those from Jolla but fsecure said it was coming soon. Just another six months to wait then? An interested cloud storage solution is important to me. There was no resolved from Jolla care or hq.

Jolla care needs a propper website and forum manned by its staff. It's not right that the easiest way to get information is on Maemo.org.

I fear that it is becoming a hobbyist phone. A store where developers can release paid for apps would be very useful too.

For me it's just not ready still. I will give it time but at the moment it has been relegated to reserve phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
I asked about progress on fsecure, in particular, on twitter. No those from Jolla but fsecure said it was coming soon. Just another six months to wait then? An interested cloud storage solution is important to me. There was no resolved from Jolla care or hq.

Jolla care needs a propper website and forum manned by its staff. It's not right that the easiest way to get information is on Maemo.org.

I fear that it is becoming a hobbyist phone. A store where developers can release paid for apps would be very useful too.

For me it's just not ready still. I will give it time but at the moment it has been relegated to reserve phone.
It was said long(many months) ago that Younited comes after summer.

The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
An interested cloud storage solution is important to me. There was no resolved from Jolla care or hq.
Your sentences don't make sense, but I think I get the gist of what you're saying, especially this. I agree, I'd like something interesting on the cloud front (no pun intended) soon.
But of the other things they announced that haven't been delivered that you alluded to, that's really the only thing I don't consider to be a gimmick (if done well).

Huh? They did that deliberately, we had a long & detailed discussion with them here, & subsequently they agreed to keep the forum here.

You get more info. here? I would think that the vast majority would be at TJC nowadays, at least info. of a support/troubleshooting nature.
Certainly it looks that way to me, I trawl TMO regularly & it seems much lighter than I'd otherwise expect it to be, now that lots is going on at TJC instead.
Support centred around the device, OS, & core/stock apps there, community apps/content & general chit-chat here, & occasional overlap between both ofc.

Or are you simply saying that there's not enough responsiveness from staff at TJC? If true that's disappointing...
I hope they improve that, also wouldn't hurt if they manned here a bit more actively, & xda-dev, now that they're getting more followers from there.

Most importantly I was asking more along the lines of....
What ways do you think TJC can be tweaked/pruned/improved, or do you think Askbot's just fundamentally broken, if so, what's a better platform & why?

Correction:
Or are you simply saying that there's not enough responsiveness from staff at TJC/Jolla_Care?

That should have read"integrated cloud storage". I missed the bit about our coming after the summer.
Trouble is right now I need a device that is a little less "work in progress". I'll pick the Jolla up again in the autumn.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience