Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
The Insmat case can be found in DNA stores in Finland. Or at least I just walked into Joensuu DNA today and walked outside with my Jolla protected. Paid 15€.
Just got this mail from Insmat:

Our current stock is empty, and next shipment arrive to us approx mid of April.
For end users, We don´t sell outside Finland at this moment.
Does the case has another specific name and does anybody know if I can find it somewhere else?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
I wanted the Golla Dalton blue plaid wallet, but I think that colour isn't made anymore. Then I noticed that Kärkkäinen department store in Oulu had four of them left, so I bought one from there and it was only 9,90 €!

I like this case a lot. It's pretty much a perfect fit, including the small opening for the headphone cable. So nomen ist omen when it comes to Golla & Jolla. Total thickness is about 2 cm, similar to PDair vertical pouches which have thick leather. I've also ordered PDair pouch for Lumia 1020 to see how well it fits.

For a thinner solution, I've used an old pouch that came with Logitech Bluetooth mouse

Last edited by hana; 2014-02-14 at 11:37.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I'm hoping someone does an Other Half with a smartcover kind of like a Galaxy Note flip cover...

http://www.unbox.ph/gadget/samsung-g...ver-dark-blue/

I was going to have a hack at it myself with a spare TOH but at €29 they're a bit pricey to be attacking with a dremel and glue gun.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
I can confirm that the yellow Reed Golla pouch I bought for my Jolla does no fit :/

Based on the specs on Golla's site, it should have fit. Ah well

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
I can confirm that the yellow Reed Golla pouch I bought for my Jolla does no fit :/
That's not a surprise, since it's meant for iPhones that are significantly smaller than Jolla.

Another thing to watch out for are rounded corners. Because of them a Galaxy S3 leather pouch can be too short for Jolla, even though the S3 is 5 mm taller.

Originally Posted by hana View Post
That's not a surprise, since it's meant for iPhones that are significantly smaller than Jolla.

Another thing to watch out for are rounded corners. Because of them a Galaxy S3 leather pouch can be too short for Jolla, even though the S3 is 5 mm taller.
Well from what i could see, the dimensions meant that the Jolla should have fit, but it didn't. Way too tight

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Finally today I got my case for Jolla, to be more exact this case targeted for Huawei-Honor-3-outdoor.
It's perfect fit, even a little tight, but after 3-5 days it should be perfect. I also created 4 little holes on the place where the loudspeaker should be...
Some pics here:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Yesterday I watched a short video from Adafruit about the flexible 'Ninjaflex' TPE material.
https://www.adafruit.com/blog/tag/ninjaflex/
I think it would be interesting to try it to make a rubber-y Jolla phone case//bump protection, as on the market there is yet none that fits exactly Jolla shape.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
This is great news, since my N9 has a silicone bumper i'm searching for this sort of bumper/case for my Jolla.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Yesterday I watched a short video from Adafruit about the flexible 'Ninjaflex' TPE material.
https://www.adafruit.com/blog/tag/ninjaflex/
I think it would be interesting to try it to make a rubber-y Jolla phone case//bump protection, as on the market there is yet none that fits exactly Jolla shape.
Great, I'm ordering some of that stuff Looks so cool and has probably some advantages over PLA.

Edit: Out of stock

Last edited by skvark; 2014-02-23 at 11:42.