I have just bought a new N900 and it has PR1.1.1 installed. Should I update to PR1.2? I can see there are quite a few threads about problems with PR1.2. Is the general consensus that the update is good and these problems aren't seen by many?

If I stayed with PR1.1.1 would it affect my ability to install or update new apps?

Also what it the recommended way to install PR1.2? Uninstall all apps and update with OVI? Is it ok to do it OTA?

any help is greatly appreciated

definitely upgrade. not only it fixes a lot of bugs in pr1.1.1, but it also allows access to the ovi store (not that there's too much in there at the moment but... ). not so many problems with it, a lot more with 1.1.1. also, 1.1.1 lacks qt4.6 required for new apps, so..

if you do it OTA (simplest) it might take a while. you don't need to uninstall anything and all your settings are kept.

if you flash it it's gonna take less, but you will have to reinstall your apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
It's definitely worth an upgrade. Going by forum posts you'll find they're heavily skewed towards negative experiences because the thousands of people who upgraded without a hitch probably won't have the need to post about it, so don't let that scare you off.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
just do it.

being new, you wont even know how everything is better, it just will be.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
hmmm if you DONT upgrade, the phone/GPRS wont work right?

What a Q. Of course u have to.

cheers guys, looks like I should just do it and not worry. I think I'll do a full reflash tonight as I dont have anything to loose.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
what are you waiting for?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I truly suggest upgrading. Especially since you have a fresh PR1.1.x install and have not tinkered too much (assumption).

It's a worthwhile upgrade.