Active Topics

Notices

Here are comparison pictures from just a little while back. Sun had practically set, clouds were grey, it was raining. You can also easily see how much wider the BlessN900 angle is. Why is that, btw?

The first one is with the phone's own camera, automatic settings, no flash. The second is with BlessN900 with automatic settings, HQ mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to demos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
I'm not sure that it's enough to touch it, I've attached the file to this post, you can try to create /usr/share/doc/blessn900/ directory and place the file (unzipped) there.
Nothing changed with the file.

However, I discovered that the first time I launch BlessN900 after rebooting the device, it will work; but not the second.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by systemcrash View Post
Nothing changed with the file.

However, I discovered that the first time I launch BlessN900 after rebooting the device, it will work; but not the second.

Thanks again.
One more test please - disable GPS and network positioning in phone settings, then try to launch BlessN900

Originally Posted by demos View Post
You can also easily see how much wider the BlessN900 angle is. Why is that, btw?
Most probably there was some zoom level set in standard camera. If you send me the original image I can check zoom data in EXIF. (You can send it by email to info@blessn900.com)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
One more test please - disable GPS and network positioning in phone settings, then try to launch BlessN900
It works! Not always, but it worked 4 times out of 6 I tried. If I wait a few seconds before launching it again, it seems to work every time. Could it be that I tried too soon after the previous instances was terminated and some resource wasn't yet released (and thus couldn't be initialized)?

Eugene - good point to have a look at. So I did, and realised that I had unintentionally turned the default camera setting (possibly automatic after installing PR1.3) to lower resolution leading some sort of zoom.

Did some more comparisons right now and it all seems to be fine. Thanks!

teemu

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
btw, why can blessN900 only take 4:3 pictures?
will widescreen-support be added?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
You can crop the images to any aspect ratio you want

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
You can crop the images to any aspect ratio you want
wow, that really helped.

not.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
That is just one additional step, and you aren't restricted to the screen aspect ratio.

Tags
camera, nokia n900