Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'll get HTC EVO when it's coming out for now N900 is still good for my need. But have anyone tried SE X10 yet? 647USD in singapore airport shop

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
btw, Samsung's new i9000 Galxy S imo looks to be better than Desire in every way possible.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900...review-478.php

- Huge 4" Super AMOLED screen
- Faster CPU
- HD Video recording at 30fps
- 11n wireless support

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
wow 5mp camera can do 720p video recording? 1Ghz cortex A8? but 256MB RAM!!! woot!! all those power came with low RAM lol.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
I am interested in the rumored HTC Vision.

jakiman:

Hello!
I ask you then have Nokia N900, and are hesitant to replace it for HTC Desire? Your personal opinion is worth you...

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
btw, Samsung's new i9000 Galxy S imo looks to be better than Desire in every way possible.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900...review-478.php

- Huge 4" Super AMOLED screen
- Faster CPU
- HD Video recording at 30fps
- 11n wireless support
Yes it is. This phone is my N900 replacement in a week or 2. Things move on... well most things. Not Nokia at the moment though

N900 feels like an abandoned project but for the good people around here

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Do you really want to join Google NWO?

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
n900 is the bomb. No doubt. I like HTC Android but they fall short of the N900 in terms of ruggedness openess. More media codecs flash pure linux etc Anyway each to his own.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I´m going to get Motorola XT720 once it gets available in Europe.
With an intention of porting Maemo 5 to it.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
I decided to get a HTC Desire yesterday and move on from the N900. A combination of things made me move but the main thing was the broken USB port issue. It is something that is in the back of my mind every day. I purchased my N900 from America and live down in Aus so paying at least $100 in postage charges isn't practical if it breaks.

First impressions of the Desire is how fast and easy to use it is. Menu transitions are so fast! Apps open in a snap and the screen looks amazing, so clear and crisp. I have everything running on it the same way I used my N900 pretty much. It has 7 different home screens which I have news, Facebook, weather, mail etc widgets and shortcuts.

Loving being back in portrait mode, never realised how much I missed it. Don't have an QWERTY keyboard now but the Desire has a few different on screen keyboards to use and I am using a normal phone keypad layout with T9 input and it's just as fast to use as the hardware QWERTY.

Browsing the net is great. The first time it loads a page it's a bit slow while it's caching I assume but loading it up next time is so quick! Browsing without a stylus was a bit of a worrie for me at first but the Desire has that sense button that you can use to scroll through the links on the page and then press the sense button to select them without having to touch the screen at all. So there's no need for a stylus.

Jump in the app store and there are tones! The amount of free games available alone is amazing. I gave up scrolling though the list after a few minutes.

Doesn't have an FM transmitter which is something I use a fair bit at work but I have a battery operated one coming in the post so hopefully it makes up for it.

Anyhow that's my 2 cents for my first 24 hrs with the phone. This isn't a N900 bashing post in anyway so I hope it's not taken this way. I am going to miss the N900 and the great community here that supports it.

Good luck with your N900's ladies and gents