Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
most frequent banning reason is sending big amount of messages to contacts not synced to whatsapp or if contacts doesn't have you in phonebook

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
.... or if contacts doesn't have you in phonebook
To clarify on this - if you change sim card and phone number, note what coderus is writing here!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
any news on fixing "last seen" times?
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
To clarify on this - if you change sim card and phone number, note what coderus is writing here!!!!
well, it's okay if you keep using old yappari account registered to other number.
but you in trouble if you will register new number, but will use old contacts database and will not sync it to your new number and not ask your contacts to add your new number to contacts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Decided to fix my N900 after about 2 years with my N9 and I'm really surprised how awesome this thing still is... so back to being my main phone it is. I'm really pleased with Yappari as well. Very nice to have this on the N900, so thanks a lot to the previous and current developers!

And to get to the main point I think I found a little bug. When I disable Settings/Text Input/Auto-capitalisation in the N900 settings, text input in Yappari seems to be in caps lock all the time while it's working fine everywhere else. I actually have to hold the shift key to write small letters in Yappari (and nope double-tapping the shift key doesn't make a difference).

While I re-enabled Auto-capitalisation on the N900 again so I don't risk all my friends on whatsapp attempting to hit me with a chair on the head for writing in caps lock, I'd love to be able to turn off that annoying thing again.

Still, when I start Yappari, I get "Connecting", and after couple seconds "Connection closed by server." It tries to connect repeatedly, but fails.

I upgraded to the latest Yappari 2.0.10 Build 5210
With the older version I got blocked, at least that was the error message when I tried to enter my phone number. I was able to lend an old Samsung from a friend, upgrade the official client, and send a message to Whatsapp, asking them to unblock me. Maybe there was something wrong with the message I sent, as it seems I was never unblocked.

Should I have held on to my friends old phone, trying to make the connection with that first, and only when I got that connected, switch to N900? Now I just sent the message, gave the phone back to my friend, waited couple days and tried with N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Well, I contacted the Whatsapp support and they say:

Hi,

It appears that you are using an unauthorized application of WhatsApp. Unauthorized applications are not supported; they contain source code which WhatsApp can not guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version from:

www.whatsapp.com/download

After installing the authorized version, please reply to this email with a screenshot from inside the app.
What should I do best?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Well, I contacted the Whatsapp support and they say:

What should I do best?
how did you contacted whatsapp first? the way i suggested?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
how did you contacted whatsapp first? the way i suggested?
Unfortunately, I contacted them a couple of days ago, not even knowing about your message suggesting the way. I mentioned that I was using Yappari but it happens on all devices. Stupid me. And that that I'm getting a "blocked" response.

And I have no device for which an original Whatsapp is available. (Only Maemo/MeeGo devices)

/edit: maybe I should say a brother who is into IT made me a silly joke replying to the e-mail and using your way?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2015-04-07 at 19:25.

Tags
whatsapp, yappari