Active Topics

I have an account with my cell phone service that allows me 10 megs per month and then it is 3 cents per kilobyte. At that rate, if one goes over the basic limit, it would not be hard to spend the price of an internet tablet over a month of web browsing. The Connection Manager lets me see how much has been downloaded and uploaded in a connection, but short of keeping notes somewhere, it is hard to keep tabs on what portion of the monthly allowance is used. Rogers, the cell phone provider here in Canada, doesn't have a way of finding this information on their web site and I don't suppose they would be motivated to do so.

It ought to be simple enough to set up some sort of script that would keep a log of these connections and allow me to see a running total.

This device allows me to use WiFi when available, but when it isn't to get what I need over the cell network. This is an ideal arrangement and one which will serve me well, but it would be nice to know when I am logged on whether I am in my free allowance or spending $20 or $40 per hour browsing the net.

Any suggestions?

Ken Walker