Active Topics

Hi,

I just received my N800 by UPS. Congrats on Nokia on such fast deliveries!!!

I'm currious as hell to try it out. But I don't want to screw up the battery. So what's the best way to use the battery for the first time.

It's on the charger right now. I haven't turned the device on. Is it best to keep it charging for like 12h before putting it on? Or do I leave it in the charger and start enjoying this fabulous toy!

Thx for your replies.

The Following User Says Thank You to XeQtoR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
You have to condition the battery by fully charging it and fully discharging it two or three times.

Thx for you quick answer!

Can I start using the device while charging it for the first complete charge or is it better to keep it OFF?

You can use it while is charging. go ahead have fun!

I think this conditioning is done just to calibrate electronics for full and empty battery. Battery itself doesn't care. More about batteries at batteryuniversity.

Yea lets all go to batteryuniversity!

As was said, you can use it while charging, but the first time you should let it charge at least 30 minutes before turning it on, simply because the battery might be extra low on charge on arrival. And when you're through a couple of discharge/charges - btw, don't go _too_ low, 25% is good enough, then just keep topping it up when you can, that will increase the battery life. Discharges will decrease the life. I too recommend batteryuniversity.com - I always do!

Thx for all the helpfull tips!

I must say the battery on the N800 eats the one i had in my Asus R2H UMPC.

This is what a UMPC should be able to do. No more UMPC for me!