I have been on and off been searching for about 2 weeks for a way to run either windows xp or windows 95 on my Nokia N800. I dont know where to go from here. I am willing to spend a lot of time to get it running but i do not know how to program and know very little about Linux . Anyway i was wondering whether running Garnet Vm and booting Windows 95 from there might be somewhat possible. If there is anyway to get an windows operating system that could possibly run starcraft (dont laugh plz). I have many other reasons as well for this. (I do not just want to run starcraft and warcraft 3 on my N800).
Thank you ahead of time.
-Nace

Starcraft, Warcraft, and Windows are all optimized for the X86 Processor Architecture. Whereas the N800 is on ARM (6 or 9, I forget)

If I recall correctly, someone got Windows 98 on there N800, but it took like 30 minutes to boot?

the N800 uses a other processor ( TI OMAP2420 processor, ARM11-based ) then intel/amd for starters... you can't install windows on a N800

you need a software to convert the ARM processor instructions (and more) to a Intel/amd
see a list of emulators here: http://www.thefreecountry.com/emulators/pc.shtml
dosbox runs on the N800
if you want to port http://bochs.sourceforge.net/ , have fun....

Last edited by polossatik; 2008-01-30 at 00:44.

Truthfully i dont care if it takes 1 hour for the os to load up. I dont understand how someone could install 95 but not 98 though. If someone could post the windows 98 links plz?
Thanks,

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
I started a webpage yesterday that is covering emulation on the N800, but it's not complete. Here's some screenshots (on OS 2007). Right this moment I'm flashing to OS 2008 to see how Windows 9x runs on it. BTW: Windows on DOSBox is a lot faster than Windows on Bochs.

The Following User Says Thank You to OSEmuTech For This Useful Post:
the thread on Bochs is here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=6099

just fyi

The Following User Says Thank You to polossatik For This Useful Post:
osemutech, I seen your dosbox work. When you are done with that website if you dont mind post it. Thanks. I need a working guide for it. I dont think the Bochs works. I have a version of Windows 95 Upgrade. When i tried running setup.exe on Dosbox. After hours of waiting, all it did was stay there and not continue on with the setup. I know this may be extra work but would you guys by any chance know whether there is a way to bypass the HD search thing.
Thanks Guys,
Nace

No offense guys, but who the hell would want to run Windows '95? I mean, why?? It seems pretty worthless and just a waste of time.

I'm not going to be able to spend much time on it until this weekend and the next (and maybe longer). I'm also including how to get the Mac OS running on Maemo (see screenshot below).

To get Windows 95 (a, b, c) and Windows 98(fe) installed on DOSBox, I used the Windows port of DOSBox to install it on a hard drive file image, then transfered it onto my N800 (though I could have installed it using the N800 too).

Directions for installing Windows 9x on DOSBox (for Windows) is here: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopi...bb8d253a101742

Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
No offense guys, but who the hell would want to run Windows '95? I mean, why?? It seems pretty worthless and just a waste of time.
Heh, heh. I've run across many who can't understand why emulators are so neat. Think: a lot more software to run on the NIT.