Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
I have written a Windross front end for sqlite3 to load .gpx poi files into your Maemo Mapper db.
It is currently very alpha. There is very little error trapping and it has been minimally tested.

Enter ( or use the file selector ) the path to your poi db ( this can be on your USB mounted SD ) and click oon 'Get Category' then select from the combo box. 'Add Category' will allow the entry of a new category - click 'Get Category' again to allow selection of the new category. Select or type In the path to your gpx poi, select the output option and click 'Convert Poi'.

It is advisable to make a backup copy of your poi.db - I havn't damaged one yet

The normal disclaimers apply use of this program is your responsiblity.

File s currently at:-

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/104...er001.zip.html
Attached Images

that's cool. do you just need the sqlite3.exe in the same folder as poi_loader.exe? When I copy my poi.db into that folder, I can dump the database contents in a command window using sqlite3. However, poi_loader doesn't seem to be able to get the categories or view the existing pois.

Last edited by revwillie; 2007-03-09 at 04:53.

Originally Posted by revwillie View Post
that's cool. do you just need the sqlite3.exe in the same folder as poi_loader.exe? When I copy my poi.db into that folder, I can dump the database contents in a command window using sqlite3. However, poi_loader doesn't seem to be able to get the categories or view the existing pois.
sqlite3 needs to be installed so that it is in your PATH. You could of course ad it to PATH yourself. Also what I failed to mention in intial post there is a menu selection for gpsbabel this will only work if gpsbabel is in c:\Program Files\gpsbabe\. I will be improving this app but will be away for the weekend ( I may get soe done today ) so it will probably be Monday before I will be able to spend time on this.

Rick

A new version.

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/105...er002-zip.html

This one has a much better chance of working!! The last version would have worked if the only gpx file you wanted to use was c:\temp\Pubs.gpx and then only any use in the UK!!

Save to File is now working. This will dump a *.sql file in your temp directory. It can be used thus:-

Code:
cat <path to>\<filename>.sql | sqlite3 <path to >poi.db
So you can save poifiles in a directly usable manner.

You will need the sqlite3 files in your PATH ( Mine were just dropped into system32 ).

This will be my last post until Monday.

Rick

great. I'll give it a try this weekend.

This is exactly what I needed to convert geocaching *.loc/*.gpx files into poi's!

it still won't let me select or add a category.

to be clear, you are saying that sqlite3.exe needs to be in c:\WINDOWS\system32 or sqlite3.dll or both? I currently have both

revwillie
could you post an extract of the GPX files you are trying to load?

Testing done tonight.

Poi_Loader0.0.2 installed on a different XP box.

sqlite-3_3_13.zip extracted into c:\windows\system32

gpsbabel-1.3.3.zip extracted into c:\Program Files\GPSBabel

tesco.ov2 downloaded from http://www.tomtomfree.com/ into c:\temp

poi.db copied from N800 to c:\temp

Poi_Loader started and File -> GPSBabel clicked. tesco.ov2 converted from .ov2 to .gpx

file selector used to load c:\temp\poi.db

file selector used to load c:\temp\tesco.gpx

Display/Edit clicked and all occurrencies of '&gt;' replaced with ' '

'Add Category' clicked and "New' / 'Testing' inserted

'Get category' clicked and category 'New' selected ( correct category displayed with category number 16 and enabled )

option 'View' selected -> SQL statements displayed in listbox - with poi as database and 16 as category

option 'Output to file' selected -> SQL displayed in listbox and ( Bug here ) tesco..sql was created in c:\temp - with poi as database and 16 as category

option 'Direct to database' selected -> SQL displayed ( slowly ) in list box and when checked from the command line sqlite3 displayed correct records.

This is obviously not conclusive, as stated on initial post testing has been minimal, but I am willing to extend this if needed. There is no real parsing of the XML ( I dont even know of an XML parser for VB6 ) I am basically just extracting the <wpt lat= lon= >,<name> and <desc> fields.

Rick

New Version 0.5.
From Changelog:
Monday 12 March 2007
* Some Gui changes - Categories auto fill ComboBox - Get categories removed
Listbox output tidied
fixed width font + fixed width fields.
'DisplayCategories from current DB' added.
'Add Category' auto inserts into Combobox
View Categories/Poi from database.
* Error checking improved.
* This Changelog added.
Now in its own home - website is a bit basic but will improve.

Download at:
http://www.rikcull.f2s.com/

OK, now I can get it to work. I didn't realize that poi.db must be in c:\temp

It sucked the waypoint defs right out of a geocaching.com pocket query file (*.gpx) Sweet!

The Following User Says Thank You to revwillie For This Useful Post:
New Version 0.6.
Simpler gui again ( at least for basic poi loading)
Lots of new functionality. There is a 'Help' screen and the changelog is included in the package.

Any bugs feature requests etc. welcome - help to improve this app.

Rick

Edit: it helps to include the path
http://www.rikcull.f2s.com/poi_loader06.zip