Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Right now, as of today, its

Code:
sleep 48h
Hopefully, by that time KDE 5.12 is sorted or new Angelfish is released.
i am using with 5.14, still not clearly understand how to update application and stuff

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Looks like Angelfish has been updated in the repos.

To update:

Code:
flatpak update
Follow the questions and respond to them accordingly. Usually, just Y is sufficient.

To remove unused runtimes

Code:
flatpak uninstall --unused
If you are using Angelfish only and had it before as well, that should remove KDE 5.12

With 5.14 KDE and new Angelfish, install also

Code:
flatpak install --user org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full
For new keyboard plugin, install

Code:
flatpak install --user org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS
Tonight I plan to release Flatpak Runner which would drop the support for older Maliit plugin and will configure environment for better WebEngine support.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
The best I can come up is to grep inside flatpak platform. As in

flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.mobile.angelfish

then in the opened shell, try to grep files in /usr

As for patch, I don't know who to ask. I am mainly in contact with some KDE developers. That type of question should probably belong to freedesktop-sdk IRC/Matrix channel or their issue tracker in gitlab. But try to see first which file has the error message and proceed from there.
I probably have misunderstood you. I thought you were in contact with the Flatpak developers.
I'll try to do my best to find out where the error was coming from and then we will see the further options. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
No, flatpak-libs is not needed on device. Have you rebooted after installation? Other than that, I am out of ideas on why that xdg- missing error is issued
Yes, I did reboot. I have tried to strace it but in that case I got another error and the angelfish didn't even start. I'll play with it more once I am at home with pc.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Yes, I did reboot. I have tried to strace it but in that case I got another error and the angelfish didn't even start. I'll play with it more once I am at home with pc.
Then it's hard to say what's wrong. You can try to run

flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.Platform

and see if you get the prompt inside flatpak. It could be a manifestation of using old kernel, but I am speculating here.

Note that neochapay started working on Qt 5.12 builds for Nemo. If he pulls it off, assuming that we can install it in parallel with Qt 5.6, we can probably run 5.12 apps via similar solution as Flatpak Runner even without Silica support. Maybe its more realistic to wait for this solution than trying to fight requirements with old kernels.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Then it's hard to say what's wrong. You can try to run

flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.Platform

and see if you get the prompt inside flatpak. It could be a manifestation of using old kernel, but I am speculating here.

Note that neochapay started working on Qt 5.12 builds for Nemo. If he pulls it off, assuming that we can install it in parallel with Qt 5.6, we can probably run 5.12 apps via similar solution as Flatpak Runner even without Silica support. Maybe its more realistic to wait for this solution than trying to fight requirements with old kernels.
I have ran that (flatpak run --command=sh org.kde.Platform) on my S2 and got:
Code:
FATAL: kernel too old
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 34304
It seems this is a no go for the S2.
How good could have been, if it worked. Anyway, thanks for your hard work.

On the Nexus 5, I got:
Code:
bwrap: execvp xdg-dbus-proxy: No such file or directory
and it didn't give the cursor back until I terminated with a CTRL+C

You are probably right when saying better to wait for the newer Qt.
With that (Qt 5.12) we might will be able to install/compile Linphone. And with that finally we can have video calls on Sailfish. That would be so

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
btw, where is "Usage: gpg-connect-agent [options] (-h for help)" come from? can it be suppressed?

about angelfish - is there way to change video quality in youtube?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Flatpak Runner 0.6.0 is released with the environment variables set for Qt WebEngine. As its SFOS app, update with zypper or any other tool you prefer, as usual. Not in OpenRepos yet, probably should upload soon.

Please also uninstall flatpak-maliit-plugin-qt (SFOS package) and install org.kde.PlatformInputContexts.MaliitSailfishOS (Flatpak package) instead.

As Angelfish has been updated as well, you can update that as well (some of you probably did already). Please note it will pull KDE 5.14, you can remove 5.12 after.

For keyboard install, ffmpeg install (required for video playback), uninstall of unused packages, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=82

If you are short in storage, instead of update, remove Angelfish and other flatpak packages (unused ones), and install Angelfish with the new runtime.

Re gpg messages: as far as I remember, its due to old GPG used in SFOS. Seems you can ignore it.

Re Youtube video quality, other select actions: Select action on most websites lead to opening overlayed window. As the composer implemented in Flatpak Runner is properly primitive, its not able to do so. I would prefer not to spend time on it and wait till we get newer QtWayland on SFOS. As we use QtWayland 5.4, whatever we do, is very temporary. Before that Qt update it makes more sense to spend time on making the browser and other projects. Just remember that limitation and stay away from those drop down comboboxes on such sites as TMO.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
have we had anything from Jolla to indicate when the Qt update for SFOS is coming? It has been coming 'soon' for years now.

and are we presuming that a new qt-wayland version will arrive with a new Qt version?

thank you for all your work on this, would love to see it made official.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
have we had anything from Jolla to indicate when the Qt update for SFOS is coming? It has been coming 'soon' for years now.

and are we presuming that a new qt-wayland version will arrive with a new Qt version?

thank you for all your work on this, would love to see it made official.
They mentioned it in one of the last IRC meetings, but are afraid of setting the date for it. Not sure whether the work on 5.12 has started yet. In the public branches, we have https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/qtbase/tree/mer-5.9 , but it stalled about a year ago.

I would expect that Qt Wayland will be updated as well. But your guess is as good as mine.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak