Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
That is impressive. By Verizon's own policies, you'd normally be required to:
  • pay at least $5.18/month for third-party insurance
  • pay a $99 deductible for the replacement device
  • select as your replacement a phone for which Verizon lists the full retail price as less than $400 (eliminating all current Droid phones except the Droid X)
  • file your claim with the third-party insurance company, not Verizon, and wait one to two business days for the replacement phone to arrive

That you were able to walk into a Verizon store and receive a (free?) replacement Droid without paying for an insurance plan is fantastic. It sounds to have everything to do with Verizon and nothing to do with Motorola, but I am pleased to hear Verizon treats you so well.

My experience with the company did involve them being willing to work outside their official policies on occasion, but it was never in a beneficial direction for me.
That's a big reason why I was very pleasantly surprised--and it's been pretty consistently positive, despite the official policies you mentioned. I've been to three Verizon stores and from little to large ways, like the one I mentioned, I was treated well and instantly. In any case, even if I were stuck to their policy's behavior, I'd STILL be able to walk out the same day with a new device even if it costed... something I can't even consider with Nokia here in the US.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
That's a big reason why I was very pleasantly surprised--and it's been pretty consistently positive, despite the official policies you mentioned. I've been to three Verizon stores and from little to large ways, like the one I mentioned, I was treated well and instantly. In any case, even if I were stuck to their policy's behavior, I'd STILL be able to walk out the same day with a new device even if it costed... something I can't even consider with Nokia here in the US.
I don't really understand what you're saying here, but it seems that you're confusing retailers with products. I can walk into any Radio Shack here in the U.S. and walk out with a Nokia phone. And I have. But let's face it, when I walk into a Radio Shack I'm usually the only customer in there, so I too am treated well and instantly.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I don't really understand what you're saying here, but it seems that you're confusing retailers with products. I can walk into any Radio Shack here in the U.S. and walk out with a Nokia phone. And I have. But let's face it, when I walk into a Radio Shack I'm usually the only customer in there, so I too am treated well and instantly.
Any of them carrying the Maemo/MeeGo devices? I think you also missed out on my comments about dealing directly with Motorola.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Walked into a Nokia store yesterday (Bangkok) and it was empty whilst the 3rd part stores were packed. I only went to breathe in the finnish air in asia before it disappears. It's like spotting a polar bear.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Walked into a Nokia store yesterday (Bangkok) and it was empty whilst the 3rd part stores were packed. I only went to breathe in the finnish air in asia before it disappears. It's like spotting a polar bear.
In all seriousness, I thought Nokia was doing great in Asia?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Well i went back to nokia care yesterday and they gave me an e7 as a replacement for my n900, i would have objected but it`s not like they gave me a choice the just said "your phone has been replaced by nokia by a e7" well anyway today i already sold it for 400 euros and i`m gonna buy a brand new n900 on monday

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salemsnake For This Useful Post:
im sending my n8 replacement for a e7.. iv got to say n8 i do NOT like. i would sell my e7 an buy a n900 but then when it brakes agen what to do then? lol

Originally Posted by bubbbbbz View Post
im sending my n8 replacement for a e7.. iv got to say n8 i do NOT like. i would sell my e7 an buy a n900 but then when it brakes agen what to do then? lol
When it breaks again they give you an e7 again and you sell it and buy another n900 haha if you can still find it....

Hello again everybody so the title was my nokia n900 for the fifth time in nokia service well as i said i did buy a new n900 and as soon as it arrived i had to send it back for a problem, basically when i used to close the keyboard it would shut down...well they replaced it with a new one and was perfectly okay with it, today my n900 broke again....same all telephony functions disabled error and i start to wonder am i using it wrong ?? how could nokia make a phone that breaks this often? it just seem surreal to me and i just can`t think of a replacement for it, i`m gonna send it back to nokia but i was thinking of waiting for the n9 to be launched and hoping they`ll give me one as a replacement but it might be impossible becouse the n9 isn`t sold in italy and they don`t give you the liberty to choose they just say "your phone has been replaced with a ...." and they just give it to you, is this right ? can i refuse a replacement and ask for something better?

Originally Posted by salemsnake View Post
Hello again everybody so the title was my nokia n900 for the fifth time in nokia service well as i said i did buy a new n900 and as soon as it arrived i had to send it back for a problem, basically when i used to close the keyboard it would shut down...well they replaced it with a new one and was perfectly okay with it, today my n900 broke again....same all telephony functions disabled error and i start to wonder am i using it wrong ?? how could nokia make a phone that breaks this often? it just seem surreal to me and i just can`t think of a replacement for it, i`m gonna send it back to nokia but i was thinking of waiting for the n9 to be launched and hoping they`ll give me one as a replacement but it might be impossible becouse the n9 isn`t sold in italy and they don`t give you the liberty to choose they just say "your phone has been replaced with a ...." and they just give it to you, is this right ? can i refuse a replacement and ask for something better?
this is right they did it to me they sent me a n8 and said the dont make n900 any more.. i said the e7 with keyboard wiuld be better for me and they sent me that. i think you can pick between n8 or e7 as these are last phone nokia. until windows nokia phones arrive.

Tags
bad impressions, customerservice