Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Here come the list, doing this on the phone so no bothering taking out stuff...
more build.prop | grep persist
persist.sys.dun.override=0
persist.sys.root_access=0
persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=true
persist.debug.sensors.hal=w
persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1
persist.radio.mode_pref_nv10=1
persist.radio.data_no_toggle=1
persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire
persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
persist.audio.fluence.voicecomm=true
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false
persist.radio.custom_ecc=1
persist.radio.always_send_plmn=true
persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so

Bluetooth as in connecting the phone to the car's audio to hear music and make and receive phone calls, so yes hands-free as you mean it.

As for the battery, it must have taken 10 to 15 minutes to open the phone and replace the battery. I used this guide from the iFixit website and used their tools that I bought years ago. They now have a European shop and a new version of my tools box here.

Last edited by maximilian1st; 2017-01-04 at 21:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
persist.audio.fluence.voicecomm=true
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false
Thanks a million for your quick and detailed reply. As it turns out the fluence settings are exactly the same with SFOS/CM12.1. Too bad, I was hoping for some helpful inspiration from that file.

Also kudos for your encouraging report on changing the battery. How great is the risk to damage the connections to the antennae? AFAIK those are located on the back shell?!

Now let's hope someone can tell us how to reliably eleminate the echo and how to establish a BT hands-free connection without "static"...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
The current ported phone to use seems to be the OnePlus X, the devs actively work on it and it seems to have all the HW functioning as well as the Jolla store...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The current ported phone to use seems to be the OnePlus X, the devs actively work on it and it seems to have all the HW functioning as well as the Jolla store...
Except it doesn't havr the one killer feature which Nexus5 has, wireless charging.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
The Jolla store works on OPX now? Interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
To be quite honest, that sounds rather depressing to me, because even during these few days I've grown quite attached to my SFOS/Nexus 5. One Plus X devices are rather expensive and even more difficult to purchase.

The fact that also Android users seemed to suffer from the same audio problems may be reason for hope. After all, apparently those problem have been overcome on the Nexus 5. So, SFOS based on CM13 or CM14.1 might just do the trick. So, I can't wait for more exciting news on that front. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
To be quite honest, that sounds rather depressing to me, because even during these few days I've grown quite attached to my SFOS/Nexus 5. One Plus X devices are rather expensive and even more difficult to purchase.

The fact that also Android users seemed to suffer from the same audio problems may be reason for hope. After all, apparently those problem have been overcome on the Nexus 5. So, SFOS based on CM13 or CM14.1 might just do the trick. So, I can't wait for more exciting news on that front. :-)
@dubliner, don't get depressed yet ...

As mentioned earlier on this thread, we had similar issues on nexus 4 SFOS (and ubuntu touch on N4). See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=219 on how to check whether you have the same bug. More description is at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=223

To test whether the changes in build.prop are indeed working, use logcat as described at https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=441 . Make sure that when you make the changes to noise-canceling mic do take an effect and you get the microphone as an expected one in logcat. That way you could actually test whether the microphone that you use during a call is analog (handset-mic) or digital (...dmic...).

On OPX, the hands-free (corrected) required (for @kimmoli) an analog microphone. See issue https://github.com/kimmoli/sfos-onyx-issues/issues/2 . We also had conflicting results with kimmoli regarding the use of noise-canceling mic, maybe due to differences in OPX hardware (mine works perfectly in noise-canceling mode). Maybe something similar is with N5 with possible hardware issues, but I would suggest to test it using logcat and find the best settings for you.

cheers,

rinigus

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-01-05 at 19:14.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
So, SFOS based on CM13 or CM14.1 might just do the trick. So, I can't wait for more exciting news on that front. :-)
Update on CM13 port:

Not working:

Bluetooth
Compass
Camera

Working:

Everything else i tested

Last edited by mautz; 2017-01-06 at 01:07.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Update on CM13 port:

Not working:

Bluetooth
Compass

Working:

Everything else i tested

That's pretty stellar news, @mautz. Thank you for all of your hard work!

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, Thank you so much for all your assistance and for compiling those helpful links.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
getprop persist.audio.fluence.voicecall

(this can be run as nemo). If you see empty line as a response you are hit by the bug! Find an updated image for N5, or ask for an update
getprop persist.audio.fluence.voicecall gives me an empty line, so it's probably the same bug. Do I get this right? Whatever I put into the build.prop file is not going to make it into the system.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
since the bug is fixed and in hybris proper, its just a matter of bugging the developers to recompile the SFOS images.
You made that suggestion in November. I wonder, has anyone tried?

Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out how to use logcat (sorry).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid