Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Just tell which one of these two do you think will be more useful in writing apps for maemo?

The Following User Says Thank You to white_ranger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
C/Python are my personal favorites (for GTK applications, and various other uses)
but if your planning to use QT i'd suggest that you stick with C++
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I'm a total noob so i'm just searching from where to start.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
If your looking for a guide to get you started you should look over here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...eveloper_Guide - has some pretty good stuff that should help get you started
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Woodbridge, CT USA
For total noob, I would recommend Python. (I know that wasn't one of the choices). I've found building and testing python scripts on the N900 much simpler than having to deal with cross compilation. Much more instantaneous, much more gratifying.

The Following User Says Thank You to ahynes1 For This Useful Post:
Is there any difference in the final product if i wrote a program in Python and C++?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i learnt C++ before and got up to OO but I have not used it since i left uni and now I can't do anything lol. I can write Hello World

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
i learnt C++ before and got up to OO but I have not used it since i left uni and now I can't do anything lol. I can write Hello World
Haha, that's the only app i know to write.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
guys.. i wanna learn too.. but i dont have any experience or knowledge about this..... i dont even know what python, c and c++ is....where can i find the best tutorial for this?..

you're the same as me. i know just a little bit about python, but that's only that about "guess a number" game and that stuff, not real programing.