Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Damnnnnn I am unable to boot my Jolla with SIM card! It is rebooting every time while it is getting network connection. This is sooo annoying I am unable to make phone calls... a phone which is unable to make phone calls..

I already experiencing frequently reboots (every day!) since a week.. Do you think this could be caused by a corrupted btrfs filesystem? Should I run recovery option 5?
Will option 5 change any data or reset the device?

Edit:

Ok it recovered again after about 20 reboots and taking out battery several times...

Edit2:

Just watched a youtube video with native browser and i got the message that the device is too hot and will be shut down (or reboot?).
It stuck with a black screen and white led. I had to shut it down and remove the battery again.
now....the network problems startet again.. i have to remove my SIM card to be able to use my Jolla.

Edit3:

Ok I used the 5th recovery option now. BTW it is very easy to do this with the instruction on TJC.
Will see how my lovely Jolla will perform now.

Last edited by willi6868; 2014-02-28 at 11:02.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post

I already experiencing frequently reboots (every day!) since a week.. Do you think this could be caused by a corrupted btrfs filesystem? Should I run recovery option 5?
Will option 5 change any data or reset the device?
Short answ... Yes you should!

i just type this

Now my jolla is just fine and i am very happy!

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
My Jolla had never randomly halted or rebooted.

If it could help, here comes the list of weird habits I've got and I guess you don't:

-I'm usually disconnected. Only switch on 3G data or open Wi-Fi networks when I need it. At home, always connected to my WPA2 network.

So, no WhatsApps, Telegrams or any app which requires permanent connection.

-I was using just one Android app: Opera browser. But that times are gone. I've even uninstalled Myriad Alien Dalvik.

The Following User Says Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
@mced Same here, no issues with my Jolla so far.
But I currently use it only in "table mode" (no sim inserted) and I do have Android support and at least one app installed and running (Quizkampen aka Quizduel aka Quizclash)
But I don't think our Jolla is supposed to be used in such a sparing way

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Just got 1.0.4.20 (Ohijärvi)

Wonder if it fixes the problem

Release notes

Highlights of improvements

* Fixes several issues causing spontaneous reboots on the phone

Last edited by JohnHughes; 2014-03-18 at 16:51. Reason: Add link to release notes