Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
I was investigating during the day and found the output of the Amnient Light Sensor and the Accelerometer.

I have atteched the scripts which are showing the outputs of these two sensors. Hope it will help someone.

Just rename the two files to accel.sh and ambient.sh and sudo chmod +x them. They just give you raw data from the sensors
Attached Files
File Type: txt accel.sh.txt (105 Bytes, 109 views)
File Type: txt ambient.sh.txt (118 Bytes, 109 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Currently the keyboard config is taken from kubuntu-mobile-n900-integration_0.1_all.deb
ok, I have checked that I have this one installed :-)

IDK how to fix the locale error yet, maybe try LC_ALL="en". Anyway, it's really very insignificant AFAIU.
I totally agree

UPDATE:
It just got past the acpid without any errors. Also, I've noticed an upstart upgrade during the dist-upgrade. Maybe try without dist-upgrade if the installation is broken.
Indeed, I re-ran the installation without selecting the upgrade. While I have seem the same upstart error while installing acpid, the installation script has not stopped at that point and completed fine. My first impression is that upstart failed to start inside the qemu vm.

Thanks for your help ;-)

Now let's try to boot this beast :-P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
I had to make a small manual adjustment in the uSD after the install.sh script completed. My first partition was of type 83 instead of 0C, although it did contain a vfat filesystem, so I had to fix it by hand.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
I had to make a small manual adjustment in the uSD after the install.sh script completed. My first partition was of type 83 instead of 0C, although it did contain a vfat filesystem, so I had to fix it by hand.
Can you provide me some inscructions on fixing SD-card since I have the same problem as you and the partitions also overlap each other.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
I tried booting ubuntu with u-boot-menu from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613.

Three tries were made:
  1. run sdboot
  2. boot from vfat partition
  3. boot from ext4 partition

sdboot run sdboot from u-boot console. It complains about invalid uImage format, but loads the kernel. The kernel fails with
'mmc0: error -110 whilst initializing SD card'
mmc1 is recognized (internal MMC)

boot from vfat partition I used the following item file:
Code:
ITEM_NAME="ubuntu"
ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"
ITEM_INITRD="uInitrd"
ITEM_DEVICE="${EXT_CARD}p1"
ITEM_FSTYPE="vfat"
ITEM_CMDLINE="vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-16@60 mpurate=\${mpurate} root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 fixrtc quiet splash"
It says: 'Wrong Ramdisk Image format' and goes to u-boot console.
Kernel and uImage MD5:
Code:
1d3342ca201408bc51289f53a5740eda  /media/mmc1/uImage
3b5d3c7d207e37dceeedd301e35e2e58  /media/mmc1/uInitrd
boot from ext4 partition I used the following item file:
Code:
ITEM_NAME="Ubuntu 12.04"
ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"
ITEM_DEVICE="${EXT_CARD}p3"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext4"
ITEM_CMDLINE="root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rootwait console=tty0 omapfb.vram=0:2M,1:2M,2:2M mtdoops.mtddev=2 nosplash elevator=noop panic=20"
ITEM_REUSEATAGS="1"
Kernel and uImage MD5:
Code:
1d3342ca201408bc51289f53a5740eda  /media/mmc1p3/uImage
3b5d3c7d207e37dceeedd301e35e2e58  /media/mmc1p3/uInitrd
Similar to the 'run sdboot' case. The kernel is loaded and fails with -110 on uSD.

This is the only uSD I have available, so I can not rule out a card problem.

Those are with the custom kernel. Is it worth trying with another kernel?

Originally Posted by PanzerSajt View Post
Can you provide me some inscructions on fixing SD-card since I have the same problem as you and the partitions also overlap each other.
I placed the uSD inside the SD adapter and edited the partition table on the PC with cfdisk, where I have changed its type.

If your partitions overlap it becomes trickier. If you know the correct start locations, you can delete the partition and recreate with the correct type, the same start location and correct size. But that will work only if the filesystem has the correct size inside the partition.

The Following User Says Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
I tried booting ubuntu with u-boot-menu from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613.

Similar to the 'run sdboot' case. The kernel is loaded and fails with -110 on uSD.

This is the only uSD I have available, so I can not rule out a card problem.

Those are with the custom kernel. Is it worth trying with another kernel?
uhm, I assume you do have u-boot combined with stock kernel. If you'd use kernel power you shouldn't get -110 errors while trying to load a kernel from sd.

Explanation: some sdcards need the dto=14 patch enabled in kernel. stock kernel doesn't have it. so if stock kernel u-boot combi access sdcard you get -110 error. kernel-power, as far as I know, does have that patch enabled.

Last edited by unknown.obvious; 2012-06-21 at 16:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unknown.obvious For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unknown.obvious View Post
uhm, I assume you do have u-boot combined with stock kernel. If you'd use kernel power you shouldn't get -110 errors while trying to load a kernel from sd.

Explanation: some sdcards need the dto=14 patch enabled in kernel. stock kernel doesn't have it. so if stock kernel u-boot combi access sdcard you get -110 error. kernel-power, as far as I know, does have that patch enabled.
Sorry, but I am not sure I followed. My N900 runs u-boot-menu with KP50, and I am trying to boot ubuntu from the uSD (from u-boot-menu) using your custom kernel. The kernel does load, but the boot fails with the -110 error when trying to mount the root partition on the uSD. You mean I should try to boot ubuntu with KP50?

Sorry, but I am not sure I followed. My N900 runs u-boot-menu with KP50, and I am trying to boot ubuntu from the uSD (from u-boot-menu) using your custom kernel. The kernel does load, but the boot fails with the -110 error when trying to mount the root partition on the uSD. You mean I should try to boot ubuntu with KP50?
If you flashed KP50 u-boot combi and still get a -110 error then either there is a bug in pali's u-boot or your sdcard is broken.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
what u-boot is that?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer