Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Sorry, dunno what happened to the link. I generally like cases that are very slim and matte texture (ie no glossy plastic). Dunno, but this one could be okay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Sof...134b2df&_uhb=1

1-Download Odin for your computer (PC).
2-Make sure Samsung drivers are on your PC (either install Kies, or install the individual driver).
3-Install a Custom Recovery (such as ClockWorkMod etc etc)
4-Run Odin, then connect phone to PC
5-Turn phone off. Hold Vol Dwn and Home and turn on
6-Initiate phone into Download Mode
(Odin will confirm a connection in one of the ports)
6-On PDA; browse for the recovery file
7- Flash it on Odin (ie hit Start)
8-Let Odin work its magic, pronto!
...usually custom recovery also gives you root, busybox, and free version of Superuser App

...from here, most of the hard work is done!!!

**Remember to backup your EFS**

All you have to do is download what you want to flash (custom rom, custom kernel, custom mod/script) and put into your phone.
Turn the phone off. Hold Vol Up and Home, then turn it back on... it will boot to the custom recovery. In the recovery, just wipe the device and flash the file you downloaded. Voila!

Easy as pie

PS If you're every looking into buying another Android device make sure the bootloader is unlockable, the term used is "locked bootloader" --avoid those devices. Basically, the bootloader cannot be bypassed so it makes it extremely difficult to flash custom recoveries, and in turn can make it really difficult to obtain r00t. If you have a custom recovery, it means you can install unlicensed scripts to the system... which means you can run a script to obtain root.... but if you have root, it doesn't mean you can replace the stock recovery with a custom one as the system itself can't bypass the boot... if that makes any sense.

edit: video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJ6t56DkMI
Nevermind, I have already cyanogenmod 11 on my phone
It was not that difficult actually! Thank though...

I was thinking of a transparent case, or maybe a floppy one, you know to protect the screen as well, but I am not sure of how they really feel for everyday use.

Yeah I know that locked bootloaders are a big pain to install custom roms, even though I don't really get why they are locking them down...

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
I installed cyanogenmod 11 nightly and date time added: 2014-05-27 00:50:07
but I don't know how to add the screen after the home screens for google now...

Do you know how it can be done? I mean I can get to google now, but I can't add the new screen for google now...

Edit: I 've got it, just installed google now launcher

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-05-27 at 15:43.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Maybe this is off topic at this point but anyone check out the Samsung Galaxy Pro series? I kind of like the 8.4. However, coming from galaxy note 3 it appears a bit laggy... I think Samsung was a little skimpy on specs. But nice screen and office apps. Now my Note 3 seems too small...