Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I must say the supported lte bands make this device usable in many parts of the world!
Many parts of the world?.... Which is...?
I need glasses... I read the word "usable" as "unusable".

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-06-13 at 22:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Many parts of the world?.... Which is...?
Yeah, that might have been vague I mean North America & Europe. Don't really know about other places as I only checked the bands of those two regions.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Yeah, that might have been vague I mean North America & Europe. Don't really know about other places as I only checked the bands of those two regions.
What are you talking about...?? Name a country in Europe where the LTE wouldn't work....
Again, need glasses...

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-06-13 at 22:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
HtheB take a deep breath, relax and re-read Thoke msg. And please remember that you are on talk.MAEMO.org, albeit in the competitor sub-forum. Moving from being an advocate to a fan does not play in favour of the F(x)tec Pro1.

Thanks,

Last edited by jurop88; 2019-06-13 at 19:04. Reason: Completing with name of the msg poster referred

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
HtheB take a deep breath, relax and re-read Thoke msg. And please remember that you are on talk.MAEMO.org, albeit in the competitor sub-forum. Moving from being an advocate to a fan does not play in favour of the F(x)tec Pro1.

Thanks,
Your reply does not answer the question that I asked to Thoke.
People spread wrong and false info. It doesn't matter what device we're talking about. One should never spread false info without knowing the facts.

Like I said, name a European country that doesn't support one of the used bands...

Ugh... Is there an eye doctor in the house?

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-06-13 at 22:09.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Your reply does not answer the question that I asked to Thoke.
People spread wrong and false info. It doesn't matter what device we're talking about. One should never spread false info without knowing the facts.

Like I said, name a European country that doesn't support one of the used bands...
I believe Thoke was merely saying "I am pleased that it looks like this phone will work in the two regions I checked."

Which, for those of us in North America, can remember was not the case for the Jolla 1. We were "forced" to be ok with wifi and 2G service only. LTE bands are different in different regions. It is not ubiquitous.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Ok apparently I need glasses. I don't why I read usable as unusable...
RIP

Sorry Thoke!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I believe Thoke was merely saying "I am pleased that it looks like this phone will work in the two regions I checked."

[...]
Yes, that's what I meant, sorry if that was not clear in my posts.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

EDIT:

Ok apparently I need glasses. I don't why I read usable as unusable...
RIP

Sorry Thoke!
No problem! It happens

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I must say the supported lte bands make this device usable in many parts of the world! However it's hard to see this phone as a daily driver without scandic keyboard. I could maybe get the qwertz (german) keyboard and remap some letters (ü at least). Scandic and qwertz seem close enough. I assume this is possible with modern phones.

I'd still have to get accustomed to swapped places of y and z...

Picture of the qwertz layout of fxtec for reference. This has been posted before, though, so no new information.

I know this has probably been answered before, but is the preorder only for phones with gwerty-layout?
And I live in a place where even laptops with localized backlit keyborad does not exist. Only english variant with printed croatian letters. And that is not exactly usable in the dark.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Btw, is there any information about gestures with screen off, like double tap to wake screen or like oneplus has (like draw a "v" to turn flashlight on or off or media controls)?

I'm more interested to know about the simple double tap to wake screen.
Bump? Any information about this?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit