Active Topics

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
I have complete whole step 4 with install qt and now at step 5 for repartition. I am not able to flash moslo image with windows (dont have linux version), and i directly went to step w and created a sailfish folder tried to mount it but no luck. can any one help me with a solution.

Too bad that can't be installed on phones purchased with operators. SIM LOCK sucks!

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
will you guys port this to N900 also ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flotron View Post
I checked all the nitdroid forums and there is no solution for this.

I can confirm that we can't flash unsigned images to simlocked phones (even phones unlocked after contract). So no multiboot.
Must be a simlock issue then.As I said previously, I had an issue with flasher saying I have a locked code (when I did not) so when I set the phone to zeroise, I just pulled out the cable and reflashed afresh.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
How is the "pulling cable" procedure?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
sorry if my question is answered here before,but could not find anything.
Im trying to install sailfish on n9 and got stuck after flashing moslo kernel.It says "Re-Partitioning failed! No partition created"
what could the reason behind it be?

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
How is the "pulling cable" procedure?
I have tried it 3 times and it has worked everytime for me. I can't guarantee it for you and obviously it risks permanently bricking you phone. Obviously this is a suggestion and it will be you who bears the risk if it does not work!.

I did as follows:

"flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -F emmc.bin --erase-mmc=secure" (no quotes)

When this has started, you have 2 options:
1a - either CTRL+Z (Linux) or kill cmd.exe and flasher.exe with Task Manager (WIndows).
1b - Pull out the cable from the phone when the tasks have been killed

or

2 - Just pull out the cable when the phone is zeroising.

After this, turn the phone off and then on. You will get a message saying "Install an Authorised Operating System".

Turn off the phone and run:
""flasher -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -f""

And the phone should accept it and start flashing.

Like I have said, I have done it a few times and not noticed any issues (albeit theoretically it could damage the flash memory) but it may allow you to flash unsigned kernels.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
How stable is Sailfish on the N9 right now? Ive read calling, sms and internet works. That's great. Do crashes happen often? How about camera support, can the community fix the issues for it?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by __fastcall View Post
How stable is Sailfish on the N9 right now? Ive read calling, sms and internet works. That's great. Do crashes happen often? How about camera support, can the community fix the issues for it?
Depends what you mean by stable. Its working. But LOTs of things Doesent work so dont even think its for every day use.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
maybe port it to n900 with just calls and sms working why leave us :

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish