I took no chances and booted an old Windows laptop and had no problems at all. Although the upgrade seemed a bit slower than I recall earlier ones.

The email client's still fundamentally crap though.

Originally Posted by Simon
Just trying to see if I can get NASA TV to stream so I can watch the shuttle launch later on.
Let me know if you figure out the NASA TV stream. I would love to watch that on the 770! Does anyone have a list of streaming video sites that work?

Is it my imagination, or is there a lot of wasted space to the left and right when browsing in opera non-fullscreen mode? Should't the scrollbar hug the right side edge like in fullscreen mode? This seem to be throwing me off. Can someone with 2005 OS take a screenshot of web browsing in non-fullscreen mode?

Originally Posted by TechnoDoc
Let me know if you figure out the NASA TV stream. I would love to watch that on the 770! Does anyone have a list of streaming video sites that work?
Go to here: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

And tap the Realmedia stream. You can open it in the video player.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2006 @ s/w Germany
Hi!
Originally Posted by TechnoDoc
What's the problem? For me it works really fine: just open http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html and select "Watch with Real Player". Then open the stream ( http://www.nasa.gov/ram/35037main_portal.ram ) in the Video Player - and enjoy!

Regards, Diet

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by NokNok770
Is it my imagination, or is there a lot of wasted space to the left and right when browsing in opera non-fullscreen mode? Should't the scrollbar hug the right side edge like in fullscreen mode? This seem to be throwing me off. Can someone with 2005 OS take a screenshot of web browsing in non-fullscreen mode?
Not your imagaintion - there are blank gaps left and right when not viewing full screen Raise as a bug (for whatever good it will do)?

Also, I'm beginning to suspect the wireless has regressed - am having trouble connecting to one of two wireless routers configured in WDS mode. Can connect no problem if I walk to one of the routers, but can't connect when I'm standing next to the second router. Also, wireless connectivity is lost if the 770 is left idle or the cover replaced.

Originally Posted by ploum
On OS2005, if you set the brightness to the minimum, you will hear a disturbing "electrical" sound. (you have to be in a quite room to hear it. It's disturbing only if you are reading an ebook).

Is this issue solved in 2006? (also, the minimal brightness is not so minimal in 2005. It would be good to set it lesser)
Yes, the darkest setting is about 50% dimmer than in the 2005 OS. It is still brighter than I would like for use with dark adapted eyes. (I am an amateur astronomer)

Just before the screen is blanked due to inactivity, it is dimmed to a level about 50% of the lowest brightness which can be selected. I'd really like to be able to select that level, but what the 2006 OS provides is acceptable.

hi. just downloaded the image.
But flashing does not work with the
./flasher -F SU-18_2006SE_1.2006.26-8_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
command when using the flashr downloaded from the http://www.maemo.org/downloads/d3.php.
directory. Neither without the -F param. I am using Suse 10.000000000
Which Flasher do u use? And how?
thnx a lot!
m.

Originally Posted by mrn
hi. just downloaded the image.
But flashing does not work with the
./flasher -F SU-18_2006SE_1.2006.26-8_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
command when using the flashr downloaded from the http://www.maemo.org/downloads/d3.php.
directory. Neither without the -F param. I am using Suse 10.000000000
Which Flasher do u use? And how?
thnx a lot!
m.
Use Flasher-2.0. Old flasher for 2005

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Not your imagaintion - there are blank gaps left and right when not viewing full screen Raise as a bug (for whatever good it will do)?

Also, I'm beginning to suspect the wireless has regressed - am having trouble connecting to one of two wireless routers configured in WDS mode. Can connect no problem if I walk to one of the routers, but can't connect when I'm standing next to the second router. Also, wireless connectivity is lost if the 770 is left idle or the cover replaced.
You can turn off the Wireless Disconnect If Cover In Place off.
Go to TOOLS> CONTROL PANEL> CONNECTIVITY and Uncheck the Box Disconnect when cover on device