Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/lf...o-workgroup#kh

Looks like some real info on meego end user experience next week. Am I right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
It does seem like it. No wonder, there is no word on a PR 1.2 release.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
Interesting that Greg Kroah-Hartman will be presenting the MeeGo desktop; he is a quite famous Linux kernel developer.

Originally Posted by pinsh View Post
Interesting that Greg Kroah-Hartman will be presenting the MeeGo desktop; he is a quite famous Linux kernel developer.
Ah -- I didn't know the name, but I did see that he was from Novell. If my eyes worked properly, he was the only speaker not from Intel or Nokia.

Does this mean that all MeeGo UXs will use the same desktop? Or just that there will be a "default" desktop? Does it mean MeeGo will be usable by non-terminal folks without a specific UX on top of it (e.g., a "generic" MeeGo UX)?

I think the key word here is "Desktop". It is probably the revamped Moblin interface for Meego, not Maemo 6 - Harmattan UI for mobile devices.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Some hints may be dropped one day earlier, on Wednesday:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/lfcs2010/meego

The Following User Says Thank You to vvaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I think the key word here is "Desktop". It is probably the revamped Moblin interface for Meego, not Maemo 6 - Harmattan UI for mobile devices.
You're probably right. Nevertheless looks like an interesting workgroup.

O stop this plz. All these is useless. P.R 1.2 is not released till now. How Meego b4 next week
:-(

Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I'm not grasping the distinction you're making here between Desktop and UI. What would be in the latter but not the former? Apps like mediaplayers and online store integration that might be vendor specific? Also, I know MeeGo will have a Netbook UX that is separate from its Tablet UX, and I think people were assuming that the Netbook UX would be the reincarnation of Moblin, not this MeeGo desktop. Hence my confusion.

Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
O stop this plz. All these is useless. P.R 1.2 is not released till now. How Meego b4 next week
:-(
I believe Quim has stated that these are separate teams and one's schedule does not impact the other's.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post: