Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Jakiman is a top contributor. However for sake of multiple views I'll do the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
carl zeiss lenses are not made by carl zeiss. They just licence their name to lens manufacturers (like nokia) who keep their quailty ip to their (cz) standards. They do make some lenses but only high end expensive optics.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I am not sure if GSMArena is an American or European website. But there is a section of 8MP race in which iPhone 4S is the winner and GS2 the runner up.

my shots recently, taken by N9, check the exif

Rain drops n lrt #5 by nikacu, on Flickr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
I really disagree with most of you two, and I tihnk your judgements are biased because you love your phone.
To me, the N9 camera is very average, and in low light conditions it is simply really really bad.

Ok you can argue that with the settings you can get better pics, but this is not the point with a phone where you want to be able to take quick pictures.

And here, the N9 is BAD, the iphone 4 (not s) make better pictures (now when I'm with my girlfriend I never use my camera anymore because she has an iphone....)

The Following User Says Thank You to aShtk For This Useful Post:
i see that you are over-saturated-EDOF color lover, you should use an iphone 4 rather rant here then

before you go, change your N9 to landscape mode and try take picture of it. and dont get jizz when you knew how fast n9 take the picture

fyi, iPhone 4 have 5MP EDOF camera, and oversaturated color postprocess.

and I do agree Iphone4s takes better picture than N9 , but not iphone4

Last edited by soryuuha; 2012-05-24 at 10:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
In low light conditions, to me iphone4 is superior.
In normal light, N9 take better pictures for sure.

I think we keep using iphone4 because it is more "reliable", even if the quality is not always the best of the two.
Same for videos indoor : we shot two videos at a rock concert, low light condition again, and we see more details on the iphone 4 video, and furthermore the sound is better (not saturated).

That does'nt really bother me anyway, when I bought an N9 I knew its camera was not that good, and I don't really need it.

Edit : for the color saturation, you get a point. But as far as it's not too surrealistic and you can watch some of your party/holiday pictures, I don't mind. One may bother, but anyway you don't use your phone as a main camera for your best pictures.
The phone is useful to capture some quick pictures for the moments you want to keep.

Last edited by aShtk; 2012-05-24 at 10:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to aShtk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
I want to share

Nokia N9

SGS2

the Nokia N9 has wide area !
SGS2 not

All with Flash

The Following User Says Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Since 2010, when we upgraded to iP4, we have stopped carrying a separate camera anywhere, as of now our Nikon is carrying dust somewhere at home - we don't even know where. iP4 was that good, so what if it was 5MP... it gave us all the quality shots we needed. Most at par to our digicam if not better.

Come 2011, we avoid iP4S (why, it's another matter for discussion) and go for the N9 instead... and boy, did we make a wiser decision, u bet? I've not tasted the 4S myself but my N9 is a marvel, at everything for me, including it's shooting capabilities. What we had with the iP4 the N9 surpassed it leaps & bounds.

Yes, we aren't the best photographers in the world, but our N9 shoots wholesome pics, very accurate details, good color separation, great to look at. It not just serves the purpose (for us), but actually does a better job than most of our friend's camphones, including BB, iP4S and the Samsungs/HTCs galore. We don't know why/how, but we've compared them & they (our friends) concur.

To us, our N9 remains a pure joy. Besides, it's form factor gets the accolades whenever we flash it, in public. Yes, we do get the random, "oh, is it a Lumia" call lately, but when we say, "no, it's an N9, a much better phone & OS", they go, "wow"! I guess, that's more to us than it's imaging capabilities, though it indeed is a good shooter.

No wonder the N8 and 808-Pureview might do a better job, but what we have now, at hand, is good enough. Then, if we really needed to shoot professionally, we'd rather carry a DSLR, won't we? But since we don't need that, didn't as yet, our N9 suffices... And, as I said earlier, surpasses!

It's all in our minds... To us our Nokia-N9 rocks, we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Qorax

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
amaziN9 N9 is a kiN9,

just saying,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post: