Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
I'm taking a wait and see stance, but there is no doubt that having two monsters like Nokia and Intel and the Linux foundation backing will make it that Meego will see success in some segment of the market.
I would not bet the farm on that. Intel has had some spectacular failures in the past, such as iAPX 432 family and more recently Itanium. It's a great company, but far from infallible. Ominously, Itanium was the product of "two monsters", Intel and HP.

Why do people get upset over nothing.. Nokia hasn't even shown a single screen shot of their Meego implementation. It's been said about 1.23 million times that the mobile device screen shots shown are simply reference designs. Meaning each manufacturer, Nokia, Samsung or whomever will modify the code and appearance to their specifications. For Nokia it's the Harmattan UI which had a screen shot was leaked almost a year ago.

Furthermore I don't think judging the performance of beta os code is wise.

In short, stop *****ing..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by sevla View Post
Why do people get upset over nothing.. Nokia hasn't even shown a single screen shot of their Meego implementation. It's been said about 1.23 million times that the mobile device screen shots shown are simply reference designs. Meaning each manufacturer, Nokia, Samsung or whomever will modify the code and appearance to their specifications. For Nokia it's the Harmattan UI which had a screen shot was leaked almost a year ago.

Furthermore I don't think judging the performance of beta os code is wise.

In short, stop *****ing..
Exactly what I had in mind, but I didn't want to say all this... xD

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
At this point I think it's early to really make any calls on which is better or why. I think the idea behind Meego's seamless integration with other devices is a great idea.

I guess at this point to me time will tell. I am not going to basterdize Meego until I have seen and tried it myself.

I Like the point abut Maemo's easy access to multi-tasking. Lets just hope that Nokia has taken this on board with there UI, i think MeeGo looks very cool but until i've had a go i won't be sure.

I'd love to see maemo on a device like the HP Slate.

But then with MeeGo you could have a device like the slate then have your phone(n900) and they would sync together great.

Just like the iPhone and iPad would if apple let it.

Tags
maemo, meego