Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by GEONXT View Post
Maemo was and is far from a stable platform yet they released the N900?
Don't confuse lack of features with instability.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Totally agree with the term continuously bugs fixing..... Fix one thing and another thing broke lol. Horray!!! It will never be finished!
I think its going to be like a stable Fedora distribution, hopefully without the whole KDE4.0 debacle. You might think its finished and then you look at the next release and see a bunch of improvements.

Fedora seems to get bugs in it from time to time but the community is quick to patch things up and there is definite improvement over time. The difference between Fedora (core) 8 and Fedora 12 is only 2 years but they are light years apart. 2 years seems like a long time but it goes by quickly when the users are content with what they have while the new stuff comes.

The Fedora team will do a bunch of work in an area and it might take a release or 2 to get things stellar in that area but once they do, its really great. And then they move on to another area.

What I like about Fedora is the continuous improvement. I've been running Fedora 12 since last fall and in that time we've probably had 6 new kernels, several Qt updates, several KDE updates, etc.

Each of these updates happens independently of each other. Users aren't waiting 6 or 8 months for a big update that has "everything". When the kernel team builds a better kernel, it ships to the unstable and then the stable repositories and everyone gets it. No waiting. Ditto for the Qt code and the KDE code, etc. It works really well.

And then there is a totally new release every 6 months.

Last edited by me2000; 2010-04-16 at 14:41.