Hi everybody,

In my N900, i have effectively the facebook icon for sign in my account, but when i put my login/password and i touch the open session this one freeze and i can do nothing. Someone have the same problem than me ?

huge thanks for this plugin
looking forward to see mentioned earlier improvements

one question:
is there a workaround to uk t-mobile issue of blocking facebook chat?
other accounts work flawlessly (skype, gadugadu, ovi)

bald.eagle.one: Did you try facebook chat over xmpp/Jabber? I think this new interface on facebook makes the facebook plugin obsolete.

Originally Posted by lgarratt View Post
I find if my screen name is anything other than the email address I use for facebook - it comes up with network error and won't connect to facebook.

also experiencing reloading entire conversations when logging in due to going from wifi to 3g etc, as well as the contact multiple merges (i don't use nicknames on FB)
All of the above too...

Facebook Chat has launched support for Jabber/XMPP.

Reference Facebook Blog post : http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=297991732130

To get Facebook Chat running on your n900 without ANY extra programs, using only the built in features of a stock n900, follow these instructions:

1. Go to the Settings Menu
2. Go to VoIP and IM accounts
3. Press New
4. Select Jabber
5. Press Register New Account (necessary even if u already have a facebook profile, note that if you don't have a facebook profile i don't know if you can do this)
6. In the 'User Name' field, type in '<facebook-username>@chat.facebook.com' substituting your facebook vanity profile name for <facebook-username> and obviously omitting the single quotes.
7. In the 'Password' field enter your current facebook password, then enter it again in the Verify field
8. Press Advanced Settings
9. In the 'Connect to server' field, type 'chat.facebook.com'
10. Ensure that Port is set to '5222'
11. STUN settings are unneeded, leave default
12. After finishing registration, login with username: <facebook-username>@chat.facebook.com' and your facebook password.

Please note that this will pollute your Address Book with all your facebook contacts so be prepared to clean up.

Credits to mmurfin87 @ http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=520155

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ PA, USA
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post

Reference Facebook Blog post : http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=297991732130

To get Facebook Chat running on your n900 without ANY extra programs, using only the built in features of a stock n900, follow these instructions:

3. Press New
4. Select Jabber
5. Press Register New Account (necessary even if u already have a facebook profile, note that if you don't have a facebook profile i don't know if you can do this)
6. In the 'User Name' field, type in '<facebook-username>@chat.facebook.com' substituting your facebook vanity profile name for <facebook-username> and obviously omitting the single quotes.
7. In the 'Password' field enter your current facebook password, then enter it again in the Verify field
12. After finishing registration, login with username: <facebook-username>@chat.facebook.com' and your facebook password.

Please note that this will pollute your Address Book with all your facebook contacts so be prepared to clean up.

is there a way to hide offline contacts? it seems that it shows all of them!

can someone help me on installing this extra protol plugin.
i used tohave this installed but after reflashing my device (problems caused due to OCing ) i cannot reinstall it again. im having dependency error.
thanks...
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to iceman600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post
can someone help me on installing this extra protol plugin.
i used tohave this installed but after reflashing my device (problems caused due to OCing ) i cannot reinstall it again. im having dependency error.
thanks...

try disabling extra-devel then re-enable.

The Following User Says Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
ive installed this on a friends phone that i flashed with the same firmware as mine,
but there is no facebook option in VoIP settings after installing this and the pidgin version,
everything else is there even the twitter plugin i installed,

but on my phone it is there, and i have it set up
any ideas why that is?
tried reinstalling, rebooting ect

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post

3. Press New
4. Select Jabber

I was scrolling through the entire thread hoping someone would mention this.. The XMPP support for Facebook is flawless in my opinion. You could also call people over Facebook providing they have a chat client configured (like another n900 XD).

Tags
facebook chat n900 maemo