Linus Torvalds bought a Nexus One and blogged favorably about it. http://torvalds-family.blogspot.com/...py-camper.html

The blog got a lot of comments and questions, some of which he answered. Many were about the n900, all of which he ignored.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
haha j is that funny or what, people are completely dismissing n900 comments because the N900 already does what the nexus one does but better with more flexibility no jailbreaking and raw power,

you have made my day

He did say one of the reasons he bought the Nexus One was for car navigation. And that is done poorly but the N900 at the moment.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I was amazed he hadn't even considered one.. I'm one of the commenters on his blog. And I dont give a #!*& what anyone says... Android/WebOS/etc might be using a Linux kernel for their core... but that doesn't make them Linux devices in my mind. Until you have all the GNU utilities, a shell, and the freedom to do what you want at that prompt with those utilities running under that kernel... you DON'T have a Linux device to me.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
lol, the father of Linux give back to the true Gnu/Linux phone :S but i think that he goes for it cuz he is tired of making for himself all the thing that he wants and go for a ready-to-use phone with a a good company(?) behind like google....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
I was amazed he hadn't even considered one.. I'm one of the commenters on his blog. And I dont give a #!*& what anyone says... Android/WebOS/etc might be using a Linux kernel for their core... but that doesn't make them Linux devices in my mind. Until you have all the GNU utilities, a shell, and the freedom to do what you want at that prompt with those utilities running under that kernel... you DON'T have a Linux device to me.
If Linus Torvalds calls it a Linux device... it's a Linux device.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
can't argue with that. LOL

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Not to repeat the age old argument...but linux is a Kernel.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to superhyper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I disagree, it depends on if your definition of Linux is based on

a) does it use a linux kernel

If so any device that does, (like TIVO I think) can be considered a Linux device

b) if it embodies the ideas associated with Linux (openess)

For most people (regardless of what Linus thinks) Linux is b, not a.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Google probably sent it to him for free . . . They where sending Nexus Ones to all the youtube Vloggers and a hand full of other E-leberty's

Tags
linux wars