Yeah, I wonder why Dax and llelectronics don't contribute to sailfishos browser. They accept commits. Private browsing feature is done by a community member.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Yeah, I wonder why Dax and llelectronics don't contribute to sailfishos browser. They accept commits. Private browsing feature is done by a community member.
Why dont you ask? Or is that a question?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Private browsing feature is done by a community member.
Really? Wow! Open source actually works! (and really gratz to the first community enhancement and its author, really glad that this thrown around theory works in practice)

There is even a blog entry about it: https://blog.jolla.com/developer-spo...lfish-browser/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
There is even a blog entry about it: https://blog.jolla.com/developer-spo...lfish-browser/
This is super-cool, the system works guys!!!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
it's full opensource and always available for developers
That's true.

Does anyone know hard hard it is to use a Gecko-based WebView in a SailfishOS app? Is it just a matter of importing a QML plugin that is already available on the system, or is it more complicated?

I'm just curious and don't have the time to go through the Sailfish Browser code right now. Thanks.

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-05-22 at 20:09.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Italy
I have tried to make some addition, but I have always found Sailfish Browser's source code too difficult to understand.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Does anyone know hard hard it is to use a Gecko-based WebView in a SailfishOS app? Is it just a matter of importing a QML plugin that is already available on the system, or is it more complicated?

I'm just curious and don't have the time to go through the Sailfish Browser code right now. Thanks.
I have tested mozilla's WebView few months ago, the initialization requires some extra code, Sailfish Browser's main and qmlmozbrowser are good references, especially its main file.

In Qml side you'll need to import Qt5Mozilla 1.0 .
The webview is called QmlMozView, you can manipulate Gecko instance through a singleton class called QMozContext (there is also a Qml equivalent called QmlMozContext)

Edit: Ah, one more important thing, I don't know why, but the mozilla's WebView fails to load in the emulator

Last edited by Dax; 2015-05-22 at 21:12.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dax For This Useful Post:
Guys, new thread for browsers engines?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Guys, new thread for browsers engines?
Shhh... Sail 2.0 is actually just a browser. And stock browser is actually just sailfish without the extra functionality on top, you know, IE like, but still worse even when they do allow you to remove it, because

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Shhh... Sail 2.0 is actually just a browser...
Running Firefox OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post: