Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
They should now atleast introduce multi-tasking in Asha series phones. Swipe ui without multi-tasking is not a good idea.
What was the last good idea that came out of Nokia???

808 pureview's camera

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
808 pureview's camera
... we are talking about phones that cost under 150 euros, likely below 100e. LTE, CZ (let alone PV) will never happen.

Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
The current Asha 311 and its interpretation of Swipe-UI is very disappointing. it has performance issues, low frame-rate, the small screen also doesn't help.
The rumor does indeed mention that the UI is as smooth as on N9.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-03-25 at 09:53.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
yeah.. but it still is dumb S40 nokia os

edit: though it is a step forward for S40

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2013-03-25 at 10:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^Series 40 easily multitasks with java apps 6 to 7 apps are easily handelled even on 3110c 5130 etc though i dont yet have tried to tweak the ashas yet but it can run multiple java apps

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Let me be the first to say it, but people are going to be in for a shock when they see what Nokia has planned for the Asha line in future.

Let me tell you one thing, it won't be S40 and it won't be WP....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Let me be the first to say it, but people are going to be in for a shock when they see what Nokia has planned for the Asha line in future.

Meltemi?
EDIT : oh how can I be *still* so naive...it will be Android, of course :/

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens

pics or it did not happen

it would be cool to see that Nokia are not "all in" for WP.

after all, Swipe UI belongs to them and they should not let it die. Be that with S40, meego, meltemi, S^3, whatever.

swipe ui must survive. i wish they would incorporate it in future Symbian devices..

sigh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
pics or it did not happen

it would be cool to see that Nokia are not "all in" for WP.

after all, Swipe UI belongs to them and they should not let it die. Be that with S40, meego, meltemi, S^3, whatever.

swipe ui must survive. i wish they would incorporate it in future Symbian devices..

sigh
Indeed. Swipe UI is just so much more superior to anything out there; it is one of the two main reasons I am still using my n9!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:

If it is going to be anything else, a stripped down version of the current MeeGo-Harmattan would make the most sense. It is relatively well tested, with a good set of default applications. Pushing MeeGo as a featurephone os is probably the most cost effective way to bridge the gap between WP8 and the current S40 line, at least until they can push WP8 further down.
Other alternatives could be using Android, Firefox OS or WP7. But all those also have disadvantages. Android is "the enemy", Firefox OS has performance problems, and WP7 would create confusion with the WP8 line.
They need to get a competitive 100 euro smart-featurephone in the market, with hardware roughly similar to a Lumia 610 (maybe a slightly smaller screen). MeeGo Harmattan could work reasonably well on those specs.

I very much doubt Nokia will be developing a totally new OS, simply too expensive.

EDIT: or it could be based on the OS developed by smarterphone

Last edited by Bernard; 2013-03-25 at 13:49.