Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
As explained in this post, i would like to see creative use of the phrase or literal depiction of a blade or other device doing a cut job in broad sense.

Rules are as usual:
Photos must be taken during this month and posted before voting starts.
Photos must be taken by the posting member.
Photos must be taken with a camera phone.
Post processing is allowed but you have to say what you did.
Users must name the phone and software they used.
Users post only one photo per entry.
Users can change the entry only once.
3 day voting period starts on December 27th at 20:00 UTC and ends on the evening of December 30th.
(One day shifted to accommodate for New years eve)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
BlessN900; Brightnes -18; Contrast +4; Downscaled to 50 0/0 (percent).

I have an idea of the competition picture. It would be of the smallest knife in this picture. It was a knife that was always in my dad's drawer which I raded once in every month when I was a kid. It was filled with all sorts of things -and this knife. Finally I got it to myself.

The black one is a knife which is the same as some military bayonet. Don't remember was it british or something. I think I got it as a confirmation gift from my dad.

And the last one, which type is called leuku in Finland and Lappland, I made myself when I was in the artesan school in Inari, sami people area education center (SAKK) for one year. Have never made the case for it.
Attached Images

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
The early bird catches the worm:

Sailfish Camera App on Pro1 Cropped in darktable and pushed a little bit the contrast.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
another one from Spain

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Still can't watch these images with my N900 because it crashes. So annoying. Have to use either my Samsung S5 work phone or my old iPhone 4s.

After Fellfrosh's picture I am a bit unsure of wanting to even try to take my competition picture. The placing idea was same but the quality of N900 camera and when downscaled to 50 percent to get it downloaded here... Maybe I will still try. I think I just have to have reeeeaaallllyyyyy good light conditions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Still can't watch these images with my N900 because it crashes. So annoying. Have to use either my Samsung S5 work phone or my old iPhone 4s.

After Fellfrosh's picture I am a bit unsure of wanting to even try to take my competition picture. The placing idea was same but the quality of N900 camera and when downscaled to 50 percent to get it downloaded here... Maybe I will still try. I think I just have to have reeeeaaallllyyyyy good light conditions.
The light conditions all lay in your own hands. Use some flashlights + some warm roomlight and whatever fits your needs. With blades and knifes it isn't that hard to set up your own light scenario. If it comes to bridges an skyscrapers it's a little bit more difficult-

Anyway I'm sorry to hear, that your n900 still crashes...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb

don't tell him that, but his photo in 100% crop is awfully noisy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
don't tell him that, but his photo in 100% crop is awfully noisy

Not if there is enough light for iso 100.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Don't let yourself be discouraged by the limitations of your equipment!*
Fellfrosch's and your picture are both attractive in two very different ways:
His picture shows a beautiful knife in nice lighting, but in the end it's just a knife sitting on a table.
Your picture might not be as aesthetically pleasing, but it tells a story. You obviously either put a lot of effort into arranging** the log and the knives this way, or this is the random result of a knife throwing competition.

*) Otherwise I would not have posted my bike photo for last month's competition. I knew I couldn't score with aesthetics, but I was hoping for an interesting composition. Unfortunately I screwed up the perspective, because it turns out it's hardly noticeable, that my bike was half-way folded.
**) I'm sure so did Fellfrosch, but his photo might just be the result of a lucky coincidence.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Someone told me the watchdog related thing that could be reason for making the device free. Now I suddenly am able to load these pages again with images. If you know the instructions for the watchdog matter can you share with me?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition