Notices

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
mplayer should be able to play mkv
first of id like to thank u for porting such a powerful media player into the nokia n900. using mplayer from the command line ive been able to play every file in my movie collection (which is quite big) but ive noticed in the mkv files i play (low resolution 300 to 500 mb full length movie, bitrate 300-700 kbps) that the video lags behind the audio. not that the video is sluggish, it plays at normal rate, but the audio keeps increasing its lead over the video, the more u play the movie. ive noticed this with all my mkv files. all other format files play flawlessly. is this a known bug.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by mpjb View Post
first of id like to thank u for porting such a powerful media player into the nokia n900. using mplayer from the command line ive been able to play every file in my movie collection (which is quite big) but ive noticed in the mkv files i play (low resolution 300 to 500 mb full length movie, bitrate 300-700 kbps) that the video lags behind the audio. not that the video is sluggish, it plays at normal rate, but the audio keeps increasing its lead over the video, the more u play the movie. ive noticed this with all my mkv files. all other format files play flawlessly. is this a known bug.
What resolution is the files? If it's over the native resolution then the files will lag, IIRC.

you can convert them into mp4 for a more stable playback...

all mkv below 800x480 that I test run very very good...

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
What resolution is the files? If it's over the native resolution then the files will lag, IIRC.
taking an average size mkv file
matsrakova 398mb 1h44min
652X352@24fps
48 khz 2 channel

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
im not sure the encoded method, none of the mkv's I have tried work, so I guess I will have to convert them with something
Hi there:
As we know, MKV is a Multimedia Container that is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file. Many users complained that this file format can not be played well on some media players. Generally, mobile like N900 supports vidoe/audio formats like 3GP, MP3 and mp4. If you guys wanna playback MKV files via N900, u d better convert MKV file to the desirable format being supported. Here I introduce Moyea MKV Converter found via Google, a powerful and professional MKV converting tool which is of great help for you to watch video files in MKV format on N900.

Best of luck!
Norman