Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
If you've been able to make a video call to a Mac user with your PR1.2 N900, would you please post here? Please give the name the SIP service and the Mac soft phone.

Apparently, GTalk video calls work, but the Mac must initiate the call. I believe that PR1.2 removes that restriction. I haven't tried it myself.

no idea! tried with both mac/windows users and IT IS NOT WORKING!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Skype video calls work for me.

Skype for Mac hasn't been updated to the latest version.

Anyone know when Skype plans to release a new Mac version (that works for n900 video calls)?

The Following User Says Thank You to nermaljcat For This Useful Post:
I successfully placed a video call from the N900 to a Mac. Google Talk Video call. I had to initiate the video call then instantly turn off the video when the button appeared. After the call was going and I could hear the Mac user, I pushed the Video button again and it worked.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield, England.
I tried calling someone who was on windows, initiated camera call, I could see the video stream on my screen.. but the person on the other end couldn't see anything at allll..

The Following User Says Thank You to hackfanatic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hackfanatic View Post
I tried calling someone who was on windows, initiated camera call, I could see the video stream on my screen.. but the person on the other end couldn't see anything at allll..
did they have the new skype? 4.2?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Quite the same for me. I was able to video-skype to a PC user without a problem whatsoever (except maybe a slow call initiation, whcih may result in a failed call attempt).

Video-Skyping to a MAC User, however, faild, even after i updated skype on the machine. But, the Mac-Program lists my N900 with Video capabilities and lets me place a video call. N900 seems to send the video, but the Mac side doesn't receive/send it.

I only have 2 skype contacts which i regularly call, and one of them is on mac. So i'd love to see a solution for this (and no, Google is no solution, my girtlfriend will never install, and use, another messenger on her own

The Following User Says Thank You to wongdong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wongdong View Post
Quite the same for me. I was able to video-skype to a PC user without a problem whatsoever (except maybe a slow call initiation, whcih may result in a failed call attempt).

Video-Skyping to a MAC User, however, faild, even after i updated skype on the machine. But, the Mac-Program lists my N900 with Video capabilities and lets me place a video call. N900 seems to send the video, but the Mac side doesn't receive/send it.

I only have 2 skype contacts which i regularly call, and one of them is on mac. So i'd love to see a solution for this (and no, Google is no solution, my girtlfriend will never install, and use, another messenger on her own
Skype hasn't updated their Mac and Linux clients. The windows client is way ahead of the others