Active Topics

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Aug 2017 @ Spain
Hello, I have a Neo FreeRunner with its original box and charger, everything works (I have several batteries). The only thing that I do not know why it happens is that the battery percentage does not rise and with Android the battery does not work, but with another system that I have managed to work (OM2009 via microSD). At the aesthetic level it is also in good condition. Android 1.5 is installed and I have also managed to get OM2009 to work via microSD.

How much could it be sold for? If it's not worth much, I'll keep it in my collection. If I see that it can be worth enough, I could take pictures on the phone.

I prefer to sell it to someone who really knows this phone, it is a rare phone, but it is not as well made as today's mobiles.

Thank you.

Last edited by Kalatti; 2020-12-11 at 22:51.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I am interested to know what is wrong with it. I mean you put a lot of effort to get it work and then when you announce you managed to install the system after half an hour you are selling it. Sorry for being suspicious but it just seems weird.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I am interested to know what is wrong with it. I mean you put a lot of effort to get it work and then when you announce you managed to install the system after half an hour you are selling it. Sorry for being suspicious but it just seems weird.
The main problem for me is that it is very difficult to play with him. I never managed to install a system to it via USB. Today I managed to run OM2009 (after many hours) through the microSD and with that I am satisfied. I had thought of selling it before, but wanted to get a different system running (a little personal challenge).

I am a collector of phones with which I can play a lot (PinePhone, HD2, N900, etc.) or simple but curious phones (like the Light Phone 2, which I will surely also sell).

In addition to the complexity of installing a system, the problem is the battery or something related to it, since it does not increase the percentage of charge, although the phone can work without being connected to the power (but not with Android, I do not know why).

I can answer all questions, I am already known a bit on the forum and have been here for years (I started with Sailfish).

The Following User Says Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Good answer and understandable situation. Hope you can sell it.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I am not sure how much it is worth beyond a collectable for FOSS gadgets.
Even for a DIY project an arduino or R-pi is probably more useful.
It was never a really reliable phone for receiving calls, only does 2g/GMRS, there is a limited number of apps in the repo and much of the config such as bluetooth pairing and setup requires editing config files which is fine as you know the way and can SSH in but super difficult with the tiny screen and screen kb when mobile.
At this point it is an obsolete orphaned bit of tech unless you need that exact bit of hardware to repair a custom built something with a neo as an irreplaceable component.
I guess the hockey puck design with a tiny screen looks very tough though.
I have one and have not touched it in like 8 years or more since I got my N900. BTW the game MokoMaze on the repos is from the old openmoko.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Classifieds
Doesn't look so good...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Classifieds
Doesn't look so good...
Ooof!
last post 2012!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
The one bit of Moko geekery I loved/love was the GPS anternna connector on the side of the phone. With a tiny screen it was still a not so great GPS navigator even with OSM but now that we have good tablets I would prefer to bluetooth pair a GPS dongle for most uses. I mentioned it in one of these threads but the OSM app also had a IM link where you could pin your location and share it, so could your friends enabling navigation for meeting up.
OpenMoko did that part of the nokia animated presentation the N900 never fulfilled.

Last edited by biketool; 2020-10-22 at 06:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Well, I would sell it for € 150 including shipping to Europe. I will keep the mobile in a drawer unless someone in the forum is interested in the mobile (I will only sell it to someone in the forum, since here we are telephony enthusiasts and we know how to value this kind of phones even if they are not perfect).

The truth is that it is an obsolete phone, but I am not interested in selling it for less.

I will try to upload some photos from the mobile this week.

I have sold other phones in the forum without problems in the sale.

Last edited by Kalatti; 2020-10-31 at 16:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post:
First 5 photos.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post: