Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oxon, UK
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
I still had initfs_flasher still on the MMC card, so simply reran initfs_flash as root. But now I get a long list of permission denied errors.
If you copy it to internal flash I believe it'll work. I don't think you can execute things from MMC.

Yup, that works. I'm reversing to OS2006 while all the chatter moves to the N810. My OS2006 is setup the way I like and is very stable.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
I still had initfs_flasher still on the MMC card, so simply reran initfs_flash as root. But now I get a long list of permission denied errors.
Well, I can do nothing about the permison denied message. You simply cannot run anything from card by default. I guess at least I can implement check for those who (for some mysterious reason) disable 'noexec' flag on FAT formatted MMC cards or run it via sh. I will also add it to README for those who bother to read it. Also empty file called DO_NOT_RUN_ME_FROM_MMC may be a good idea and could warn people when they extract the archive.

There is no way initfs_flasher will run correctly from FAT formatted card even if you disable the default 'noexec' mount flag. It needs proper unix filesystem for many reasons.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

I've searched for this and haven't found and answer. My 770 is working pretty stable on 2007 with stock kernel (fastMMC made it reboot frequently), have the frequent 'desktop' crash were the desktop restarts with no applets running but that happens only when taxing the machine. The problem is when I connect the charger. In anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour at most, the unit reboots.
Is anyone else experiencing the same? Or should I just install from scratch and hope it won't happen again? I boot 2007 from the MMC card and keep 2006 on the internal flash. When booting 2006 I have no issue when charging.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
While the memory corruption bug exists, all bets are off - is your device more stable with WiFi disconnected?

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
While the memory corruption bug exists, all bets are off - is your device more stable with WiFi disconnected?
Wifi is always off in my case while charging, so I think the issue must be somewhere else, I'll reinstall everything from scratch and see what happens, just wanted to know if someone else had this problem.

http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...on_bugfix.html

New OS2007 HE for the Nokia 770 with Mozilla engine and memory corruption bugfix
Posted on 2007-11-14 01:55:12 EET.

A new version of the Internet Tablet OS 2007 Hacker Edition for the Nokia 770 is now available for download. There are two improvements in this released compared to the previous one:

The Mozilla browser engine developed by Nokia is now available in addition to the Opera engine.
A critical bug causing memory corruption under certain wlan conditions has been fixed.
Both improvements carry a remarkable degree of user contributions, big thank you!

The development to bring the Hacker Edition to Chinook levels is ongoing. It's not being easy to make the OS2008 fit in the 770 hardware. We are keeping the plan to offer you a new HE release though, hopefully before the end of the year.

Remember: the OS2007 Hacker Edition is not an end-user ready release and it is not officially supported by Nokia.

Comments:

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Anyone wishing to try Flash 9 on the latest IT OS 2007HE can download Flash 9 from here.

To install:

Close the browser then...

Code:
sudo gainroot
wget http://nmacleod.com/nokia/n800/microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz
tar xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C /
To uninstall (and revert to Flash 7):

Close the browser then...

Code:
sudo gainroot
rm /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
Flash 9 kind of works in youtube - the plugin is correctly detected (previously with Flash 7, youtube.com would show an error message stating that Javascript is disabled or an old version of Flash is installed) however the video is garbled (at least it is on my 770). Flash advertisments on other sites seem to work fine.
I tried and failed. I first had to install Wget. I then ran the wget command line Ok and downloaded Flash 9. When I ran the second line beginning with tar, I got permission denied? It's the weekend...maybe it will work on Monday? When I go back and try it again Monday, do I just gainroot and only enter the wget line again??

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by rggavitt View Post
I tried and failed. I first had to install Wget. I then ran the wget command line Ok and downloaded Flash 9. When I ran the second line beginning with tar, I got permission denied? It's the weekend...maybe it will work on Monday? When I go back and try it again Monday, do I just gainroot and only enter the wget line again??
Were you the root user when you ran the tar command? On Monday, just execute "sudo gainroot" then, in the same directory as the compressed archive you downloaded previously, execute the tar command.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
I entered "sudo gainroot" first as per your instruction. I was root...I thought I read one of your other posts that said you would get "permission denied" error if you put tar file on the memory card?
Thanks for the reply.