I want 2007HE on my n770 but my computers all use ubuntu. Can I still do it without using wine?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Yes, you can.

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/HOWT...ImageWithLinux

So I download the Linux Flasher and then download the 2007 he image from somewhere and follow the rest of the directions?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Exactly.

The image can be found here:
http://os2007on770.garage.maemo.org

The Following User Says Thank You to Tragos For This Useful Post:
Ok sorry if thats a stupid question I just got the thing a few days ago and I really dont want to screw it up. Flashing firmwares is dangerous in every other circumstance so I just want to be sure

How do I execute it? Through the terminal? If so how? The directions are kinda vague on how to do it.

Originally Posted by theICE_MAN View Post
How do I execute it? Through the terminal? If so how? The directions are kinda vague on how to do it.
Yes you run the flash command through terminal. Like this:

sudo ./flasher -F insert name of bin file here -f -R

That will issue the flash command with the right firmware ready to go. When you see "Waiting for suitable device" connect the AC adapter (make sure the 770 is turned off first) to the 770 (you should already have it connected via USB cable) and it will automatically start flashing and reboot when finished. That's it.

One more thing, make sure the flasher is set to executable. Right click on it in Konquerer and select properties, then Permissions and then check "is executable." Tada.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaervak For This Useful Post:
Under its properties it says executable but when i run it in the terminal like you said it says ./flasher command not found. I have ubuntu gutsy so which flasher should i use?

Also I just enter the name of the bin or the location with the name.

EDIT: I guess I had the wrong flasher but the third one I picked seems to work. Its flashing at 60% or so so I guess I figured it out :P

EDIT2: Yup I figured it out :P Now to install flash 9 and skype.. I cant tell you guys how much you helped me! Thanks soo much!

Last edited by theICE_MAN; 2008-01-13 at 17:46.

Good to hear everything is working.

Installing Flash 9 & Skype is very easy. Just follow the guides in the 770 forum and that's all you need to do. Worked perfectly for me.