Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
hello, just downloaded the newest version right now and some feedback:

pro:
- number of elements in each list (sons, artist, albums) [but don't need it]

contra:
- scrolling in any list is really worse than the version before(would like to make a vid, but no camera right here), please make ist like nipperoid said smoother and faster.

Edit: i also would appreciate maybe a language selection, how I see, there are not really many words translate, so why not?

[Here all phrases i found:
library
shuffle
instictive shuffle
play songs similar to...
random
now playing
songs
artists
albums]

Last edited by lingling92; 2010-07-06 at 08:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to lingling92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by lingling92 View Post
hello, just downloaded the newest version right now and some feedback:

pro:
- number of elements in each list (sons, artist, albums) [but don't need it]

contra:
- scrolling in any list is really worse than the version before(would like to make a vid, but no camera right here), please make ist like nipperoid said smoother and faster.
Mh, scrolling works like a charm for me on 0.3.14. Have about 15gb of songs on it, still, it works!

EDIT: Scrolling through Albums on 0.3.14 is worse than on 0.2.xx, I can confirm that. Really laggy Artists (+Covers) and Songs works fine!

Last edited by Haus3r; 2010-07-06 at 08:39.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
well, don't know why scrolling works so bad on my phone...but there are also people who don't get the program working at all

edit:
while player is working, it would be nice to get access to the status bar (the one, where you can see batterie status etc..), you can see it, but doesn't change anything when touching

greets

Last edited by lingling92; 2010-07-06 at 08:48.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Regarding a volume slider, there's already one in the status menu (which comes up when you tap on the status bar). I don't think apps need to implement their own sliders.

For landscape mode just press Ctrl Shift R and it will rotate the player. Most things seem to work except when you press "about" it bugs a little and you have to reset the rotation

And for above post, read the post above you. The status menu doesn't open with the player

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndrewG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
i managed to download it. nice clean interface.. will feedback later on the overall. but kind of surprised that it only supports portrait mode..

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
I'd vote against adding extra volume slider to the GUI. But please, make the volume buttons work when device is locked. Also search is a MUST.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by vignes_k View Post
i managed to download it. nice clean interface.. will feedback later on the overall. but kind of surprised that it only supports portrait mode..
ctrl+shift+r it has both, just landscape is unpolished.

Thank you for this software. Lovely UI design, very polished. Like being able to forward in flac files, and the auto grab of cover art

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I don't even get the UI up. Running from the command-line reports a whole load of version information errors with the various libav* libraries, ending with:

Code:
/opt/instinctiv/instinctiv: relocation_error: /opt/instinctiv/instinctiv: symbol __aeabi_d2lz, version LIBAVCODEC_52 not defined in file libavcodec.so.52 with link time reference
Given that libavcodec isn't in the main extras repository, I'm not sure where it's installed from for users without -testing/-devel enabled, but presumably it's wanting a different version.
I've done some playing around with the new version, and it works fine if I don't have libavcodec & libavformat installed. If they're installed then it just gives these relocation errors.

I also get a load of TagLib errors printed out about invalid sample rate.