does it support Australian Telstar as well?

It'd be a sad day indeed if we had to buy an Android device that then had Jolla ported to.. I rather like the design they have, but I'm another that uses T-Mobile and am wanting to get the Jolla phone. I have my T-shirt!

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
slaapliedje: The only option so far is for Jolla to start making additional production line with common USA bands compatible modems. I hope it won't take another year for Jolla to do that. Even if they'll produce Asia targeted line, it won't really help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-12-06 at 06:54.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I'm on Virgin Mobile (Optus), so will see how compatible the device is, although I don't mind switching provider if I need to.
Jolla supports UMTS 900/2100 which means complete 3G coverage with Optus Australia and also Vodafone & 2degrees in New Zealand. However Telstra's 850 Mhz 3G is missing according to the famous sticker.

We'll have to wait for LTE, but I would expect at least 1800 and 2600 MHz. I understand that 1800 Mhz is the most common for LTE in Australia for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I know Jolla hasn't sought out FCC certification yet. Do they have CE certification yet? Anybody with a box or device, care to check?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I know Jolla hasn't sought out FCC certification yet. Do they have CE certification yet? Anybody with a box or device, care to check?
Haven't noticed or checked for a sticker myself, but I believe a CE certification is a requirement to sell the device in Europe.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Haven't noticed or checked for a sticker myself, but I believe a CE certification is a requirement to sell the device in Europe.
If you have a device, should be simple to sort out, shouldn't it?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If you have a device, should be simple to sort out, shouldn't it?
Yes it has. It's under the battery and it reports "CE 0682" .
The 0682 is the 'notified body' that has done the assessment, and it's listed in EU documents as CETECOM ICT SERVICES GMBH (Germany).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Yes it has. It's under the battery and it reports "CE 0682" .
The 0682 is the 'notified body' that has done the assessment, and it's listed in EU documents as CETECOM ICT SERVICES GMBH (Germany).
Thank you kindly. Weird question, I know. But hadn't seen the certification.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Besides the CE 0682 mark, the box also lists the frequencies as follows:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS: 900/2100 MHz